Information on a Showa Smith?

Basho12

I'm trying to track down any information on a Showa-era smith named Masauda Yasuyo. The JSSUS database lists him as a Yasukuni Shrine smith, but I haven't been able to locate him in any of the literature or online lists, and he's not in Slough's, unless he was signing under a different name. If someone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

They are well documented. They are all listed in Kishida Tom's Yasukuni Tosho book. If he isn't in there, he wasn't a Yasukuni smith. The name doesn't ring any bells so my guess is that there is an error in whatever source you have found...

Mr. Morita, I think this one signs Yasuyo like this:

After taking a closer look at the JSSUS listing (and I couldn't get the kanji to display properly earlier) I'm starting to think that the signature is probably referring to an earlier smith, possibly Yasuyo of Satsuma province, 18th c. Without anything else to go on, though, my idle curiousity may not be satisfied this time. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..