OK, I know its EvilBay, but I couldnt resist the beauty

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all !!

Thanks for the respons in my thread.

But now it's a while ago I bought this sword and I haven't seen it yet, so I will have some time to study before I will loose my mind in the beauty of this blade.

Someone here said that he believed that the blade was made by Shinto Fukuoka Ishido group.

Is there a book that I can buy to study and see how the characteristics of their sword are ??

I have 3 book and in those there isn't a word about Fukuoka swordsmithing.

I believe I made the comment that the Fukuoka Ishido school would be a place to start your research, not that a smith from your group definitely made your sword. Nagayama Kokan's book would have some info on this group, as well as help you research in other directions your sword takes you.....

Connoisseur's Book of Japanese Swords, Kokan Nagayama, Book ...

Is that the book you are suggesting ??

Thanks in advance.

That is the one....Nagayama sensei was a world class polisher and kantei expert, in addition to being a very kind and generous man....His book is one of the best on the subject and with Mishina san's excellent translation, it is hard to beat....

• 2 months later...
Congrats on your purchase!

Thanks, but I was a bit disapointed when I looked down the MUNE and did see that the blade wasnt straight, it got a "nick" about half way down the mune.

And the edge wasnt sharp at some places, at the hamachi there was about 4cm that wasnt sharp, it looked that the maker of the habaki put the file on the HA.

But I'm still VERY happy with my buy, and the price was good to ;)

Buying without inspecting the blade personaly hides always a danger. Acceptable for thr money involved though, but don't do it with an expensive blade ...

Correct, would never buy a expensive blade without a good look at it first.

Sure, I got home to Halmstad and realized that my camera equipment are located at my work 250km from me :(

I was sure that I put the camera bag in the car.....

When I get to my camera I will post more pictures of better quality.

Niclas,

It can probably easily be straightened by a polisher, so long as it isn't badly bent.

Hamon looks interesting. Looks like it has some nice activities.

It's a nice and soft bend so I think it can be straightened too. There are alot of activities in hamon. (Im new at this so I cant the names of all the activities) I have to read my books to get the names. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long wait !!

But here is the pictures, I had to buy 4 spotlights so that I can get some nice lightening of the blade.

Wow its tricke to get some nice pictures, its almost impossible without a completely dark room, and then to get a nice and even light all over the blade !! phuiii, I gave up after a hour or so.

post-2086-14196792342478_thumb.jpg

post-2086-14196792344433_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the long wait !!

But here is the pictures, I had to buy 4 spotlights so that I can get some nice lightening of the blade.

Wow its tricke to get some nice pictures, its almost impossible without a completely dark room, and then to get a nice and even light all over the blade !! phuiii, I gave up after a hour or so.

better pictures than I have been able to acertain.

better pictures than I have been able to acertain.

It is VERY tricky to get the right light. We hate the bright reflections so use the lights from the kissaki side and light it towards the nakago, and put them very low othervis the reflections will end up in your camera. I use 4 spotlights to light the whole "scene", but I will try to add at least one more light to light up the middle of the blade better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..