Tominaga Ryuu

Recently I posted a request for translation assistance on an active auction. Thanks to Morita San, I got my answer as Tominaga Ryuu. Other than being a Chu Jo Saku rated smith and listed as RYU 13 in Hawleys, does anyone have any information on him? I can't find him in GTM or TK. Thanks in advance.

I know that the amount of documentarion does closely align with the amount of sword smiths, but being ranked at all (much less as Chu Jo Saku), I would have expected something. Do you know what schools were in Okayama at the time to try to line the two up?

As you know Okayama Prefecture is BIZEN provice before the Meiji era.

His personal name is Tominaga Shinzo, he lived Okayama but he was a descendant of Dotanuki tradition(Higo,Kumamoto).

See Uchiyama's article [Gendai Nihonto Shoshi] Ⅶ , page 6, on [Token Bijutsu]#153 .

I have his sword tang Oshigata.

That's all.

Thank you so very much. I also found this page on Dr. Stein's site that lists him, again not highly rated, http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/rank.htm.

Is the article you reference in Japanese or English? Is it online? If so, could you send a link? If not would you mind scanning and sharing? Also, I would appreciate a copy of his oshigata.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..