Ono Yoshimitsu World of Juka-Choji

Nobody

Ono-san's work is amazing. I've seen two of his Yamatorige copies and they are stunning.

Keith and I have the first sword in that book listed on Modern Tosho, and the 13th still has images in our gallery though it was sold a while back. Don't know if they'll load faster for the d/u folks, but they're not acrobat files so have a look.

http://www.moderntosho.com/gallery2/mai ... _itemId=29

The Kobizen (sword number 1) is absolutely beautiful with a gorgeous jigane and utsuri.

http://www.moderntosho.com/sale/YoshimitsuOno.html

Also here's a link so some of his kogatana as well.

http://www.moderntosho.com/gallery2/mai ... _itemId=79

I don't want to appear to step on the post commercially as much as to offer everyone some other color photos of his works for viewing. My apologies in advance if it seems otherwise.

Paul Martin is currently assisting Ono Yoshimitsu and the Fujishiros in a documentary for Discovery channel on Japanese swords. Paul mentioned Ono was comming to the UK last year but decide to do so this year and attend a meeting at the UK Token.

W.Chan

What I meant, but I didn't know if I was allowed to post it publically...

I saw a "new" documentary over the weekend about Japanese sword on Adventure One here in the UK. It was filmed with collaboration with Gassan Sadatoshi and the Nothern Token Society UK. It shows the tatara and swordmaking with steel analysis and computer graphics.

Does anyone have a good guide to the English dvd's or tv shows about Nihonto that are out there? I know of the History Channel ones...I think one was called "The Master" and there was another possibly by National Geographic.

I believe Paul Martin may now also be a member here (welcome Paul)

Hopefully he is able to fill us in a bit on his current project.

Thanks for the info so far all...looking forward to the completion of this one.

Brian

Hi All,

Thank you Brian for the welcome. Hi Carlo.

Ok, quick update I have just come back from filming at said places and the tatara. It was an excruciating experience. Every time the camera began to roll, I was completely overcome by nerves etc, and completely lost all knowledge of nihonto. However, I was very fortunate that the excellent Mike Loades was onhand as the presenter. He has an amazing sensitivity to situations and has an equally amazing ability to eloquently describe every situation. The program should be aired this year on the Discovery channel between September and December.

As for the other Ono Yoshimitsu information. The book that was produced by the Hayashibara Museum of Ono sensei's works (kindly reproduced here by Guido) is still available from the Hayashibara Museum or http://www.budoshop.co.jp It also now comes with a full English translation courtesy of myself.

If anyone would like to purchase a copy and if you order through Budoshop and mention my name they will get Ono sensei to sign it for you with the Dream character etc. Be warned it is a big heavy book though. The Hayashibara museum however, will be publishing the translation directly from they're homepage in the not too distant future as it is not officially available yet. I am away again for a few days to continue my torture at the hands of camera men, but I will check in again then.

Best

Hi Paul. Finally, welcome.

Likely you're too busy, so I understand your present-day lack of contact

with me.

I'll buy this book as soon as I find the working link (this one seems

broken). Anybody else here have troubles with him or can help me to

find the right one ?

P.S. Paul, still that Koshirae book pending.

Have I to reach you in Japan or have I to ask W.Y. Chan kun to make it

for me ? ;)

Have a nice and proficuous experience.

Then, please, share share share... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..