TANEGASHIMA HAYAGO ( Quick-loading tubes )

Thomas, I have had a preliminary look for the copy of Boots' article and failed to find it. This despite the fact that I cleared out my cess-pit of a study when I redecorated a few weeks ago. I was stashing things all over the house to empty the room and though I had reinstalled everything that I decided was worth keeping - but obviously not. I will have a look in my armour room upstairs tomorrow and in a couple of other places where it might be. Please bear with me.

Ian

• 6 months later...

I remembered the discussion on bandoleer and apostles when I saw this post on another forum, for anyone who might be interested. From the Rothenburg Reichstadt Museum. Rothenburg is a walled city in the Franconian region of Germany.

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showth ... p?t=103779

DSCF0078.JPG

DSCF0079.JPG

DSCF0080.JPG

Thomas, The re-activation of this thread is a reminder that I have yet to discover the copy of Boots' publication on Korean weapons. I know I did have a copy but I am beginning to think it didn't come home when I retired. After falling ill, my desk was cleared by a colleague who boxed all my books and such documentation as seemed worthwhile. They remained boxed at the Museum for a couple of years until I had recovered sufficiently to retrieve them. I know the odd book went astray in the process so it is possible a bunch of photocopied sheets in a file did likewise. There was masses of paper on my desk that had been saved with a view to being of some possible interest in the future but never was. However, if I do come across them, which now seems unlikely, I know to contact you.

I am sorry to have failed you - please accept my apologies.

Ian Bottomley

Great find, Eric. I think they should be using the word 'match' instead of 'fuse', but what a fine display.
Piers, so much great info in this thread that I had to reread it, and then I started rereading all the Tanegashima info on the forum....you can learn more here then any book that I know of with better pictures.
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..