Tsuba with interesting motif

Nobody

I have seen a few of these in books and for sale. The tangs actually look bent on this one? Seen some other ones in a bit better condition. I have also recently seen some menuki of tangs, but can't remember which site. Not exactly sure why, but I don't like the execution of this one as much as others I have seen, but that may be just a personal preference. You could definately do a motif with them.

Thanks for posting.

though this looks like Owari or Kyo, either sukashi or Shoami and may be early edo as a guess. It is a classic design and the nakago are usulay signed with Masamune, Nagamitsu, Tadayoushi and the likes to add to the drama. This one needs a little luvin' but it is a nice tsuba I think. It is strong in design.

Just my thoughts, thanks for sharing Koichi-san

Rich

Ken,

Very interesting pair there. Pity there isn't an item to show scale, as I think they would be more impressive given a clear indication of size. If someone has a tsuba with nakago signed by this smith, then this would make a really nice set. Thanks for sharing them.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..