My new Sword...

meht

Hello!

After so many years dreaming about samurai sword i finaly buy sword to me, i have heard that is nice start WWII sword and collect information about swords before buy really expensive sword.

I bought this sword in 930$ and now i whant to know whot you guys think about it, how mutch is market price of that did i pay too mutch ?

Can some one tell me about that signature?

post-2054-14196779840855_thumb.jpg

post-2054-14196779845008_thumb.jpg

post-2054-14196779848162_thumb.jpg

post-2054-14196779851912_thumb.jpg

post-2054-14196779854796_thumb.jpg

My name is Ville O and i am from Finland.

I have working in gun business before and i have been also gunsmith. Few years ago i stopped in gun business and that spring i make something what i have think few years, i sell all my guns and change my collect to edged weapons.

Sorry i start here asking a question and didnt tell who i am.

My name is Ville O and i am from Finland.

I have working in gun business before and i have been also gunsmith. Few years ago i stopped in gun business and that spring i make something what i have think few years, i sell all my guns and change my collect to edged weapons.

Sorry i start here asking a question and didnt tell who i am.

Ville, what were you told about this sword, and do you have close up pictures of the blade.

Thank you, nice to be here.

I think i its also time to tell why i stop whit guns.

in Finland there is happened few school murders in past 3 years and after that gun lisence are verry hard get. After summer is comming new law and after that is even more difficult get gun in Finland. Valuable of guns is going down and verry deep, how to sell gun that now one get licens to buy it.

So you have buy 500$ pistol and now you get 100$, if some one get license to buy or even whant to buy it so mutch after cost 100$ to only lisence.

Working in gun business its not nice here in this days, many people ask bad questions and it feel your are like criminal when you working whit guns.

So all this and my interest to edged weapons and military what start when i was 4 year old is reason why i am writhing no in here.

Only what i know it is Japan officer sword Shingunto in WWII and blade is hand made, is made in 30s.

In papers is text shova blade, i have no idea what that mean. I have try to find out in internet, but even that i dont know what it mean.

post-2054-14196779862153_thumb.jpg

post-2054-14196779863658_thumb.jpg

post-2054-14196779866021_thumb.jpg

post-2054-1419677986891_thumb.jpg

Ville Welcome

Sorry to hear about the guns in Finland more and more countries going that way. Will they stop making Sako and Tikka? Finns make some of the best guns in the world.....better get back to swords.

you do have a good eye for a clean well keep sword, must come from taking care of guns and know qualilty when you see it.

The blade is signed Seki Fujiwara Yoshinao saku

http://home.earthlink.net/~ttstein/yoshnao.jpg

would also like to see any activity in the blade if you can photo.

edit

i see you added pix as i was posting, the last photo shows us the most, but it would be better to not have any window glare, i use light bulbs one off to the side and one above, some time you have to tilt the blade to get the activty ....so far looks to have good work.

Ville Welcome

Sorry to hear about the guns in Finland more and more countries going that way. Will they stop making Sako and Tikka? Finns make some of the best guns in the world.....better get back to swords.

you do have a good eye for a clean well keep sword, must come from taking care of guns and know qualilty when you see it.

The blade is signed Seki Fujiwara Yoshinao saku

http://home.earthlink.net/~ttstein/yoshnao.jpg

would also like to see any activity in the blade if you can photo.

edit

i see you added pix as i was posting, the last photo shows us the most, but it would be better to not have any window glare, i use light bulbs one off to the side and one above, some time you have to tilt the blade to get the activty ....so far looks to have good work.

Thank you, now i know signature :) What you thin about price i pay ? I am sorry i have lott of questions in my new hoppy.

I hope can not only taking information here, i try to give it also.

That moment i dont have any thing to share you in swords, other thinks like guns i think i have lot more.

Sako is selling nice outside of Finland, i think they dont stop it. Finland goverment cant do that, Sakos owner is Beretta.

I have visited Sako and also have shooting Tikka T3 tactical prototype in factory, before they came out. I have also few pictures of Sako factory, where i was teatching shooting few years ago.

It was campain that womens start hunting and about 30 womens get inside of Sako in hole day. In morning start sparkling wine made by Beretta, after that we go to shoot Sako and Tikka guns.

Edit: of course i can share you info about Finish knives puukko. If some one have questions of that i can help.

Do get right, blade is made smith name Fujiwara Yoshinao in city of Seki

Ville -

Welcome, nice sword and priced about correct. You mentioned Finnish knives. I collect Nordic knives as well as Nihonto. I'll be asking you lots of questions about puukko. If interested, you can see some pictures of my knife collection at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rsblade/nordic.htm

and

http://home.earthlink.net/~rsblade/nordic2.htm

Rich S

Ville -

Welcome, nice sword and priced about correct. You mentioned Finnish knives. I collect Nordic knives as well as Nihonto. I'll be asking you lots of questions about puukko. If interested, you can see some pictures of my knife collection at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rsblade/nordic.htm

and

http://home.earthlink.net/~rsblade/nordic2.htm

Rich S

i hope i have answers to your question, looks like you are very professional collector and i am only guy who is born and living Finland and using puukko,not collector. What i can do is my location is Finland so i get information verry easy.

I didnt see in your collection, i think most modern puukko in Finland name sissipuukko. Sissipuukko is modern military knife, do you know that ?

Can be that your are only interest of old puukko and that why i didnt see it.

Thank also you to all info to my sword. Now i know signature and price is ok so i can start on empty table.

Ville -

Yes, my interest is in older, vintage puukko. I have a few by modern

makers, but not modern military knives. My biggest problem is sometimes I can not read the maker name in the fuller. Maybe if needed, you might help with that?

Thanks. If I can help with Japanese swords please ask.

Rich S

Ville -

Yes, my interest is in older, vintage puukko. I have a few by modern

makers, but not modern military knives. My biggest problem is sometimes I can not read the maker name in the fuller. Maybe if needed, you might help with that?

Thanks. If I can help with Japanese swords please ask.

Rich S

Of course i help whit that, you can send pictured any time in my private email ville.ollikainen@gmail.com .

Welcome. We do have other members from Finland, so hopefully they will contact you.

I don't want to get too off topic, but as the owner, I do get to go there :lol:

So...I am looking for Valmet bayonets if you have any contacts. Pistin - RK62 by Hackman and/or Fiskars. Please pm me if you are able to get any?

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..