kay-gunto 88

nik_ua

All hello!

such here sword of marine. On furniture a stamp costs two eight. On a tailpress anchor and two 8 the tarred roofing paper is drawn by the paint of tarred roofing paper by varnish.

With an anchor all is clear, and with numbers did not clash and in descriptions ( in books) of similar it is not.

Can you will be able that to prompt.

post-1917-14196777473324_thumb.jpg

Nikoly,

This is an English forum, but I think we would be happy to allow you to post your question in your native language, and I am sure someone will be able to translate for you, as the online translators are obviously not perfect yet.

By all means, ask in your home language this time. We will assist where possible.

Regards,

Brian

Спасибо Браян!

Уверен что на родном языке этот форум будет для меня закрыт.

Я вас понимаю без электронного переводчика, но когда пишу то пользуюсь ним моя клавиатура не понимает английский.

Уж простите что влез к вам со своими вопросами, вы просто пропускайте мои темы.

Николай.

Вопрос в цифрах на деталях рукоятки. две цифры 8.

Thank you Brayan!

I am sure that in native language this forum will be for me closed. I understand you without an electronic translator, but when write that use him my keyboard does not understand English. I am sorry that climbed to you with the questions, you simply skip my themes. Nick. Question in numbers on the details of handle. two numbers 8

If you are asking about the number 88 on the tsuba, it is just assembly numbers. Because most parts were hand fitted, they would put a number on the tsuba, seppa, fuchi etc, so that when finished, all the same parts went back on the sword.

So the numbers really aren't important.

Regards,

Brian

приветствую Николай, цыфры 88 это номер сборки оправы. номер длжен повторятся на всех деталях оправы. Клеймо якоря показывает, что твой кайгунто был изготовлен на морском арсенале Тоёкава. мечи изготавливались из нержавейки

for Weidas

Позвольте спросить Вас господин Weidas, все ли мечи изготавливались из нержавейки?

Я не специалист по мечам, я только учусь. Как новичек в этих вопросах могу лишь утверждать что данный образец не из нержавейки так-как к нему липнет магнит. Насколько я знаю магнит не прилипает к нержавеющим вещам.

Еще один вопрос.

У меня есть также кай-гунто с расписанным хвостовиком (кузнец Инаба) по виду я имею ввиду клинок очень похож (такой же белый). Вопрос вот в чем кузнец выковал меч из нержавеющей стали (возможно ли такое???)

Так же если вам интересно представленый меч имеет хамон.

Прошу если не затруднит вас ответить эти мечи из нержавейки ковали в ручную или это машинное производство.

Зарание благодарю

Николай

The Naval Armoury where? John

my apologize for not putting translation: i wrote that anchor mark means the sword produced in Toyokawa Navy arsenal

To Nic - e-mail sent. He wrote that he has another kai gunto and i offered to help translate his questions as on-line translator is a mess.

Thanks Vaidas, nice to know we can assist in most languages if necessary. If any other language is posted in, just give a brief summary in English too, so that the rest of us can follow. :)

Was the question about the assembly numbers 88?

Brian

Hello Weidas,

thank you for your posting, in any language something new in any facet of our bueatiful hobby is welcome to me.

lots of pics on NMB method of posting [so they download automatically] is most welcome.

again :thanks:

(and thanks Brian & John for the info)

doug e

• 13 years later...
17 hours ago, Kiipu said:

Did not see number 八八 in the Tenshōzan souvenir sword listing.

Thomas:

Thank you for these, as I am also tracking assembly numbers trying to establish any patterns (all of them, however, including souvenirs). 

John C.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..