your thoughts

I'm looking at this sword for educational purposes. What are your thoughts, do you think it could take a full polish, what would you pay could the chip be repaired? asking $475 US

I do have more images that I can email

Cheers,

Pilsy

post-231-14196734858356_thumb.jpg

post-231-14196734861165_thumb.jpg

post-231-14196734861677_thumb.jpg

seeing as it is a Showato, it would not be worth the effort. I have seen chips removed before that are that big, but it is major reconstruction work and it was done by a Mukansa ranked polisher. This sword is not worth the effort in mu opinion.

Enjoy it for what it is if you buy it or have bought it, or spend this money and the polish money on a sword that is in better condition.

Just my thoughts for the day

Merry Christmas all

Richard

Most of the hits on JSI show Yoshikuni as a maker of gendaito...not sure if this the same guy or not.

http://search.freefind.com/servlet/free ... =yoshikuni

the deep chip would take alot of steel so youd be looking at at least 2500 in polishing then shirasaya....you get the picture, if you buy it like RT says best just injoy it for what it is, alot of uchikoing would most likly make the activy stand out and for that price youd always have something to work on for the cheap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..