NTHK-NPO 2011 UK Shinsa

A number of us in the UK are thinking about planning an NTHK-NPO shinsa for both kodogu and swords. I was wondering on the current level of interest from UK board members and how much you would be prepared to pay for the shinsa. Given the current state of the pound it may require a total shinsa fee of £150 an item (you would only pay the full fee on a pass the submission fee will be much lower). To have any hope of success we would need at least 300 items for shinsa.

Thanks,

Peter

Brilliant, but wasn't there a big swordban over there :?:

Maybe some people of the UK community can act as intermediaries for us non-UK residents ?

I for myself would obviously be willing to pay a fee for handling and so on (still a lot cheaper than sending it off to Japan for shinsa imo and the return time of the swords will be a lot smaller as well) If this is possible : put me down for 4 slots :!:

True Jean, but I don't know if the Eurostar people like people travelling with nihonto :-)

If not, I need to send them ahead. But you're right, it would be a great way to get to know some people face to face. But like you said, we don't know yet if and when it will take place...

I checked the Eurostar site on baggage :

"Registered baggage

If you are travelling with additional items of baggage as well as large or bulky items such as trunks, bicycles etc or sporting and collectors’ weapons or knives, it is necessary to register these items. You can do this at London St Pancras International, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid or Lille Europe. Please also see the full list of prohibited items."

It's also stated here :

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/be/leisure/travel_information/before_you_go/prohibited_items.jsp

But the way I read it, the swords will be forwarded in another Eurostartrip then the one the traveller is on ? Or is that just me misinterpreting it ?

Hi All,

I have been involved in both of the U.K. Shinsa's by N.T.H.K.

(organised by G.Curtiss) and would be willing to do what I can for another group. I also would have a min of 3/5 peices to

submit, and I am sure many of the Token Society Member's of G.B.

would also be wanting to submit. For myself

personally, I hope it is a runner.

Regards,

Stone,

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll keep the thread updated when I have more news. We are quite confident that we can meet the 300-400 items the NTHK require. There hasn't been a kodogu shinsa in the UK for several years so it will be a great opportunity to get koshirae, tsuba etc. papered as well as swords.

• 2 weeks later...

A website with a provisional booking form will be posted online later this week. This will be used to determine if we can achieve the 300+ submissions required. If successful we will then begin taking deposits early next year. There will be a maximum of 10 submissions per client but we will try to offer up additional slots if possible.

We are aiming of a price of around £100 per item. You will only pay the full fee if your item passes.

Thanks,

Peter

I have a tanto and a couple of tsuba I may be interested in submitting.

A website with a provisional booking form will be posted online later this week. This will be used to determine if we can achieve the 300+ submissions required. If successful we will then begin taking deposits early next year. There will be a maximum of 10 submissions per client but we will try to offer up additional slots if possible.

Max of 10 items per client? So youre having no trouble getting to the 300+ submissions mark... :rotfl:

Good news! :clap:

Max of 10 items per client? So youre having no trouble getting to the 300+ submissions mark... :rotfl:

Good news! :clap:

It's likely that people will be able to get as many slots as they want but for the moment the limit is 10 to keep it fair.

Brian leaked the shinsa booking form a little early :shock:

But if people want to sign up now its ok. I will keep the messageboard updated with the numbers.

Have registered my swords, Do we get a confirmation email of registered interest?

Yes once the request has been processed you will receive a confirmation email.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..