Fujiwara Yoshikuni Osaka Shinto?

pcfarrar

I recently picked up this katana signed Fujiwara Yoshikuni. It appears to be an Osaka Shinto blade and the shape suggests 1650ish.

The hamon is a big o choji midare and is nie based with a great deal of activity in it.

Hawleys lists a load of Yoshikuni's working in the 17th century. None appear to sign just Fujiwara Yoshikuni. My Yoshikuni doesnt match any of the oshigata's in Kanzan or Fujishiro.

Anyone have any idea which Yoshikuni this might be?

Thanks,

Peter

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish pictures but these are the best I can get. This shows the monouchi of the blade which has distinct mushroom shaped choji with lots of sunagashi running between the heads. It is the same on both sides. The nioguchi is very wide and is lined with tons of ko-nie very similar to a 2nd gen tadahiro wak I have. There is masame hada running through the hamon. The blade also has a short sugu yakidashi on both sides.

The only smith I can find who seems a possible match is a Fujiwara Yoshikuni working in Mino around 1650. Anyone have a oshigata of this guy I can compare with.

7.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..