In need of help identifing marks on sword tang

Al Biggs

I have a sword that I believe is a Japanese made sword pre WWII. The handle is calvary looking w/leather and wire wrapped grip. I have researched the handle, and think that it is a police parade mount, because it has the five pedal flower instead of nine pedals. The blade is steel, I did the magnet test. I researched all 3,260 some sword makers engravings on this web site and could not find a matching mark. I do not see any arsenal stamps or english looking numbers. Maybe the engravings I see are numbers. On the flip side of the tang from the definite engravings there is something that maybe a stamp, signature or maybe just scratches. There are many shallow grooves and marks on the tang, so I'm not sure if it is anything at all. The engravings that are clearly visible are the ones I've been researching. In english speaking terms it looks like the letter "L" then a forward slanting one "/" then a backwards F ( L /F ) only the F is backwards. I'm going to try to take some pictures to post on-line, but I do not have them yet. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-I have done some more research and I'm not so sure the fittings are parade, they may be Russo-Japanese military.

post-1733-14196770786116_thumb.jpg

post-1733-14196770892159_thumb.jpg

post-1733-14196770916874_thumb.jpg

post-1733-141967709189_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..