Type 95 Army sword for NCOs

cisco-san

Hallo,

I intend to buy a Type 95 Army sword :)

In general it look genuine - but the Kokura stamp makes me very confused :?

I found a lot of stamps in my book, on the Web... - but no three cannonball stamp?!

Therefore I would kindly ask for your opinion.

Many thanks in advance.

post-1134-14196770499235_thumb.jpg

I don't have the time right now to go and look at Dawson's book to verify this one, but i would be very cautious. I don't like where the hi starts, and the serial number or arsenal marks. Something makes me cautious about this one. It is also trying to be one of the scarce copper handled ones, so be doubly cautious.

Maybe it is right...but there are a LOT of good fakes out there.

Brian

Hello everyone! :)

I read somewhere in a book(do not remember the title) that copper handle NCO where the first NCO model produced. Their serial number were from number 1 to number 5000(aproximately). Then, they started to produced the aluminium handle one.

This NCO has a copper handle and serial number 50322, so I think the NCO is a chinese reproduction.

It is only my opinion. I hope that help.

Bruno

Klaus,

Had a chance to check the Dawson book. I am now pretty certain that it is a bad fake. The arsenal marks are totally wrong, and the fuller is wrong.

I would avoid this one.

Brian

Dear Brian,

many thanks for your comment.

During the afternoon I checked also the Dawson book and came to the same conclusion because nothing matched and I think the hilt is brass.

Sorry for that this stupid question (english is not my native language), but what is the fuller?

@all: many thanks for helping me :bowdown:

Klaus,

I'll tell you what fuller is, if you tell me what Muhlikuh is :rotfl: :glee: (More liquor?)

Fuller = hi = groove in the blade.

Brian

Many thanks for explanation :thanks:

Concerning Muhlikuh :D

This phrase should be a joke, even I know that not may people outside Austria understands it 8)

As you know almost the "whole world" is thinking that Austria is Australia or do not know where Austria is - even some members of the United Nations :?

But now to the explanation of "Muhlikuh". We have a lot of cows in the Alps and one nickname of a cow in Austria is "Muhlikuh" ("Muhli" (Austrian dialekt) means cow and "Kuh" is the german word for a female cow).

The spelling of "kuh" in german and "roo" in english is very similar.

Yes I know this is an austrian joke and it´s maybe hard to understand if you don´t live in Austria :?:

I hope this helps to clear the fog 8)

Klaus,

Servus,

Dawson's book points out that all Type 95 swords with a copper fuchi have 3 stamps. The one you are looking at appears to have only two, and is missing the corporate logo. The arsenal identification (Tokyo arsenal in this case, with 4 cannonballs) should be on the right, and the arsenal inpection mark (to) in the center. So I would classify this as a fake. Additionally, the 4 cannonball stamp seem to have some of the circles off-center. Based on the legitimate Type 30 bayonet I have (which also displays this stamp), this seems to be a sloppy reproduction. I doubt the arsenal at Tokyo had to stamp four eparate circles. My bet is they had a stamp with all four circles already set and spaced. I would stay away from this one. Too many things wrong.

And despite living in Vienna, Austria for 3 years, I too am hoping to hear what a Muhlikuh is. I am embarassed to say I do not know.

Nevermind. I just saw your explanation. I always did have problem with the Austrian dialects.

Regards,,

Dave

Klaus,

Servus,

And despite living in Vienna, Austria for 3 years, I too am hoping to hear what a Muhlikuh is. I am embarassed to say I do not know.

Nevermind. I just saw your explanation. I always did have problem with the Austrian dialects.

Regards,,

Dave

Many thanks for helping me.

I hope you had a good time in Vienna. Many people here in Vienna are from outside Vienna - so am I. I am from Styria (southern part of Austria) - where Arnold S. (I´ll be back) is from 8) . As you know him, we have a very strong dialekt :glee:

http://www.swordsales.eu/Japanese-WW2-NCOs-katana-nagoya-arsenal.html

here is a real one with the correct stamp....yours as been stamped wrong or its a copy

oooops even this seller got it wrong as well as i....this is the tokyo arsenal stamp and not nagoya. i think they were around 13 different types of stamps that can be on these nco guntos

What kind of money are you looking to spend Cisco-san some good ones come up here in AUSTRALIA.?

Cheers Moss

Many thanks for your offer but currently my wallet allows me to buy just a very cheap sword :( :(

I always look for a Kotetsu, Muramasa.... for just a few bucks, but to be honest up to now I had no success :roll:

kind greetings from Austia to Australia ;-)

and by the way this is quite poor fake - begining from fuller and finishing with mixing of both arsenals into one - number on blade is placed as Nagoya, inspection mark refers to Tokyo, arsenal mark on fuchi misses one more canonball, producer mark missing, drag on scabbard looks like of Tokyo... Forget it, Klaus

On this topic, I would be interested in any comments on these 3:

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?t=98016

My own (non-expert) opinion is that all 3 are fakes, but I was accused of interfering when i suggested that. :?

Brian

i think so too brian....he doesnt show them off right to be sure and i can only see 1 stamp on the fuchi and thats blurry....if they were cosher then i would certainly show off all the arsenal stamps clearly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..