Creating a quote in a reply

I've tried everything I can think of to get the person quoted into the dark band above the actual quote, such as...

Ford Hallam wrote:

but have not been successful. The only thing I have been able to do is get Quote: to show. How's it done, please? (this is embarrassing)

Colin

Hello Colin,

I've tried everything I can think of to get the person quoted into the dark band above the actual quote, such as...

If I'm understanding the question correctly;

1) Go to the post you wish to quote > highlight the quotation you wish to copy with mouse > then click "quote" in the corner of that same post where you just highlighted the quote you wish to use > the quote should then appear with attribution to the author of the quote in a post reply window.

This can also be done after you click post reply.

Hope this is helpful.

Hello Colin,

If I'm understanding the question correctly;

1) Go to the post you wish to quote > highlight the quotation you wish to copy with mouse > then click "quote" in the corner of that same post where you just highlighted the quote you wish to use > the quote should then appear with attribution to the author of the quote in a post reply window.

This can also be done after you click post reply.

Hope this is helpful.

Franco, thank you! I knew I was missing something and it was that quote button in the corner of the to-be-quoted message. Excellent. Much appreciated.

Colin

Yep, however that quote button usually quotes the entire post.

To manually do a quote, the syntax is:

blah blah blah

You can copy the text you wish to quote, and then type the above in manually to only quote a portion.

You must include the " " and the [ ] as these are part of the forum "language"

Regards,

Brian

Archived