Shigemitsu

Stephen

Ok heres one stamp i have not seen, any one come across this before? Seller states that the anchor without a circle just shows it went to a Navy Officer...it comes in Kai gunto mounts...and its true gendaito large Bizen choji hamon. The other Stamp is spec it has something to do with Mt. fuji, any help there?

How about the kaji above the kokuin do we know what that means. I find Shigemitsu in the Gendai toko meikan on page 189...no oshigata but wold like to know what it says if you have the book if not i can scan and post if youd like to help. Thanks

post-21-1419673474332_thumb.jpg

post-21-14196734745096_thumb.jpg

...can't pronounce it in Nihongo but it means " cold spring "

Yup, looks like "Reisen", cold spring (not the season, but where water comes out of the ground). However, it also could be Reizei, a Japanese emperor who reigned from 967 ~969, whatever significance that might have.

The single Kanji is read "Umi", sea.

Oyabun,

I checked the expensive Fuller und Gregory book...............page 230, figure 64, # X.............there's your " cold Spring " seal stamp.

The book did not translate the kanji ( cold spring ) but identified it as Suetsugu Shigemitsu.

Thought you may want to know.

milt The ronin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..