Showa Tanto?

cisco-san

I found a very interesting Tanto for sale.

I am not sure, but is it possible that it is a rare Tanto from Showa period? Blade and Hamon looks like non traditional and the yellow Same like "plastic"--> therefore I guess the Tanto is from Showa era. I have already seen such Same on this board, but I can´t remember where.

I asked for more photos and will share it with you as soon as I get it.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

post-1134-14196769651481_thumb.jpg

Has anyone seen a tanto made by a Yasukuni shrine smith? Did they make them for the navy during WW2?

Henry, might be better to open a new topic on this question. Might get better exposure than buried in another thread with a dog turd. :D

think we better separate you and guido ted as lately you two have been on top form with these quirky comments lol

G'day Joe, Sorry about the quality of the pics. I was just trying to make the point that there a a variety of ideas being thrown arouund when it comes to an item that does not quite fit the mould. I've attached a couple of other small pics and I will try to get one of the nakago (plenty of pics 1MB and above but too big to post here).

Regards Chris O

post-790-14196769787285_thumb.jpg

post-790-14196769787917_thumb.jpg

post-790-14196769788638_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..