Kanetsugu (Imai)

Stephen

I had the pleasure of looking at a blade by this smith at a military show this weekend last.

very tight ko choji crab claw hamon and wonderful mokume hada. If you have a Kanetsugu in your collection id like to see more of his work if you'd care to email them to me. Alas it was in trade to another seller as I was looking him up. Hope when the time comes for the blade to be back on the market ill be with buying power.

page 71 of Sloughs book for the smith.

post-21-14196769438231_thumb.jpg

Too bad that it is not the good one! :(

I am wondering how this ebay seller Pierre CLAY knows when gunto were machine made or hand made? I asked him and he told me:"Just by looking I can tell". For example this KANETSUGU sword is described by him as machine made, how can he say that for sure?

Bruno

Too bad that it is not the good one! :(

I am wondering how this ebay seller Pierre CLAY knows when gunto were machine made or hand made? I asked him and he told me:"Just by looking I can tell". For example this KANETSUGU sword is described by him as machine made, how can he say that for sure?

Bruno

if its in reasonable polish he can see if the blade as grain / hada.

likewise if the hamon is oil or water quenched.....that sword on ebay is in poor polish but looks to be of poor quality by the pictures

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..