Thanks for the info - posting ended

no comment on the blade..............me wants no problem with anyone before Hannuka, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New year.

By the way, happy Hannuka, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year to everyone on the list regardless of religious belief, political persuation. :badgrin:

p.s. my apology for the atrocious spelling.

milt THE ronin

If the sword is a real Masamune it would be worth tens of thousands of dollars, probably in excess of $100,000. The seller, being a sword dealer in Japan, knows this. If he truely believes it is a real Masamune why would he let it go for $2,500?

Both he and the sword are in Japan. He can very easily get it to shinsa and have a recognized authority give it a paper. Strange he hasn't done this if he's so sure of the maker and quality.

If you are thinking about buying the sword you might want to ask him about these issues first.

Grey

Yup.... very well said Grey...

If he was as convinced himself, as his own sales pitch. he wouldn't be flogging this off like he is....

However... that being said and as far as the experienced guys can see, is it worth it's money as a blade, even though it will be gimei?

Cheers

Without even seeing the link that was there before..I can tell which seller this was :)

Yes..some claims can be a bit wild here. Prices usually drop and jump around as the auction progresses. If you catch the items at the right time, the prices can be half the original listing price.

I bought a naginata from him a while ago that I was happy with..but they are very odd to deal with.

Anyways...good job deleting the link on this one..they get very touchy at times..almost like schizophrenia occasionally :D

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..