Advice on this blade

davel

Think i'm not the only one who received a mial here but according to the seller, although the sword is mounted as a military sword, the blade itself should date back to the 18e century. Any help is appreciated here before i make a descission ;) The quality of the pics isn't that well..

Blade_1.jpg

Blade_2.jpg

Blade_3.jpg

Blade_4.jpg

Blade_5.jpg

Blade_8.jpg

Tang_Signatures.jpg

Thxs

Dave

Hi Dave,

The mei reads "Higashiyama Ju Yoshihira". If it is right the blade dates to about 1681. Bad kizu (defects) on the blade, which could mean: polished too many times and worn out, gimei of a good smith on a bum blade, or retempering. Proceed with caution.

Grey

Hopefully getting to you quick enough. Is this from a guy named Nowak? See this post and beware of buying this!!!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1129

I, like many others on the board, were contacted to buy these same blades. Here is when he contacted me and the post it prompted. Look familiar?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5727

@SwordGuyJoe, i'm not that fast but i already felt a bit weird...A few days after signing up here on the board, somebody contact (at an email nobody use to contact me :o ) me to offer a cheap katana..hm..

It's indeed the same guy and when i mailed him back to ask for better pics he replied

I do not have an access to my Lumix digital camera right now. Sorry.

You can't say he's not very specific :D

Thxs for the heads up !

Dave

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..