Heed for translation

Bruno

Hello everyone!

I have a late pattern Shin Gunto sword(Type 3) with a tang signed on both side. I drawn what I think it is the mei(on the left side) and the rest on the right side,and scaned it. I did not find the name of the Japanese craftman who made the sword. I have no idea how to translate it, so I thought maybe here I could find some friendly person who could help me.

Please, is someone could help me on this?

Thank you :thanks:

Bruno

Well thats because your not use to a wide range of ways Kane was done...it is Kanemune...now try the date your self here

http://www.geocities.com/alchemyst/kanji/nengo.htm

and the Kanji pages above.

Thank you very much for your answer Stephen.

The mei is KANEMUNE? is it what you told me?

Bruno

It is really complicated to translate these Japanese characters! :? I am afraid I am enable to do it! :(

It is really complicated to translate these Japanese characters!

it may be at first but with some going back and forth you'll get the hang of it.

On the NMB we encourage newbie's to try not just give it to them. so i hope you dont get the date from a member but try to look it up. Yes Kanemune

Waou! Thank you, very impresive work! I am not that efficient, I was still trying to translate the first character!

Now I have to translate it in english, and in french, I think it will be easier!

Thank you so much Kenkaku, it is very nive from you to gave me these more readable Japanese characters. :)

bruno

Thank you again Kenkaku, I really appreciate your help. I have this sword for so long now and never translated it, it is done now!

Do you know where I can find informations on KANEMUNE? is he a good swordsmith? if not, it is ok, you have done so much for me with the translation.

Thanks so much Kenkaku ;)

Bruno

Hooooooooooo! ok!

So I guess everyone is taking me for a dumb on the forum now!! :D I am even not able to call people who are helping me by their real name! :oops: Shame on me!

Yes I have to improve my english! I did not speak english for many years now, and it is well known that french are bad in english! :D

Anyway, I would like to thank once again, those who gave me all these precious informations on KANEMUNE, it is really nice from you.

Bruno

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..