Japan Post Mail

Andi B.

Hello,

this is not about any inscriptions but Nihonto related...

I'm waiting for a Wakizashi coming from Japan.

The Japanes Post EMS tracking's last location is KOBE BRANCH (Dispatch from outward office of exchange), 25. July.

[i suppose it's on a ship now - the seller told my, it can not be send by air due to new laws...]

Today I received this mail from Japanpost:

【結果通知】配達完了メール通知結果ご報告

郵便事業株式会社「配達完了メール通知サービス」をご利用いただきありがとうございます。

受付を致しました郵便物等の配達状況についてご報告いたします。

【受付日時】 07月22日(水) 18:55

【受付番号】 931-7693-766

【お問合せ番号】[here is my tracking number]

【郵便物等】 国際小包

【取扱店】 神戸支店

【取扱日時】 07月25日(土) 11:36

【配達状況】 郵便物等の配達完了が追跡期間中に確認できませんでし

たので、お近くの取扱店へお問い合わせください。(国

際小包・EMSについては、本サービスを提供していない

国がありますので、ご了承ください。)

※「配達完了メール通知サービス」は、送信専用アドレスで送信しております。

このメールに返信されても受信できません。

What does it means? :dunno:

Thank you very much for that update on the shipping situation in Japan. It is a pity that they feel there are more restrictions necessary, in spite of (I am quite sure) there being not a single incident. It is not as though swords in the cargo hold of a plane will suddenly attack the pilot on their own :?

Oh well..such is burocracy nowdays.

Brian

One order (mid August) came from Nagoya to Germany and EMS was no problem!

The other (end of July) from Hiroshima prefecture went to Osaka, then Kobe and is now on ship...

I'm asking myself:

Is it possible for the sender to influence the transportation way? If he insists in EMS would the Japanese Post transport the sword to a non-stop airport to enable EMS?

Hi Andy

I asked an entry person of the post office.They look for the airplane which they can load with a sword.When it is not found, they send back a sword to sender.There is not the thing that I sent a sword to Germany after a law changed as for me.You should use Fedex if you want to receive a sword immediately. Fedex Japan accept "Imitation sword" :roll:

But shipping fee of Fedex is over$300!! :steamed:

Anyway, An airplane company refuses sword loading.

Nakamura

• 3 weeks later...

The blade arrived after 50 days (Nagoya - Munich)! :)

I can't help doing it - here is a picture:

waki_03_1000.jpg

It was very cheap ... and completely sanded mechanically :?

Ok - that's no surprise but they should leave it to me, how to botch the blade...

Any Idea how this kind of hamon is called?

I can't help doing it - here is a picture:

It was very cheap ... and completely sanded mechanically ...

I can't help it either - asking the following question, that is: why on earth would you go through all that trouble and expenses to buy a ... uhm ... "sword" like that? It seems to me that NMB failed you miserably in trying to set certain standards :cry:.

...asking the following question, that is: why on earth would you go through all that trouble and expenses to buy a ... uhm ... "sword" like that? It seems to me that NMB failed you miserably in trying to set certain standards :cry:.

Certain standard regarding what?

If I want to purchase a collectible pretty blade I will of course NOT buy a cheap piece via internet without inspecting it face-to-face.

But here I was looking for a test object:

- this was my first purchase from Japan - a test how this works (international payment, shipping, customs etc.) without risking too much money if something fails.

- it is a project blade for all sorts of things, not a collectible

And don't condemn NMB ;) ...I'm aware - at first hand - of the following fact:

"Nevertheless if someone is truly intersted in the "ART SWORD" it is advisable not to invest time end effort in low level blades. If there is a real interest in the Japanese sword, there are only two ways to train the eyes and increase one's knowledge:

First, look at good swords under good guidance; and secondly study the literature intensively."

(Selected fine Japanese Swords from European N.B.T.H.K. Collections)

...so I have a little remorse although my intention was buying not an art sword (but a Nihonto).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..