Thought id share my War Era Active Yoshimune signed blade

Greetings all,

This might make some cringe as the condition aspect but it is what it is,until I can save enough money to have it profesionally polished. Even in its cureent condition this is my favorite sword(besides the sword my grandpa brought home from war)This one has a nice little story how I found out...I was at a gun auction in Pennsylvania USA and for some reason everyone did not go for this....when me and my frather won it for around 500 dollars and were waiting to pay for it a gentleman came up and really rudely said "I wonder why all the REAL collectors here stayed away from that one,its a fake,you just got taken for your money"Well as that saying goes,me and my father now "have the last laugh". I posted this on the WAF site on the Japanese section where i was veru furtunate to get lots of advice and tips from some good guys. Its a Takahashi Yoshimune signed blade.The date is showa ju Ku or 1944. And it has a saying on the Mei that translates to The death Slaying sword/evil slaying sword(something along those lines,i believe). Also it is signed by the Polisher under the nice handmade Habaki.

He is Rated at 2 million Yen

High to Superior Grade gendaito

1941 Exhibition Special Honor Noted Seat.

Yoshimune's younger brother became a living national treasure swordsmith.

Thanks for looking...and if you have any more info or suggestions let me know. Im kind of curious as to what the cloth/rag is at the top of the sword....some kind of surrender tag perhaps?

(These pics are from a few months ago and since I have put the tang in oil to help the active rust).....P.S. I REALLY HATE RUST :/

2elvxgn.jpg

14e5ldf.jpg

1685z87.jpg

2larexe.jpg

20iyv4i.jpg

zx3czt.jpg

118osj5.jpg

And in this image i have a question!!!!

I drew an arrow at the area where it looks like the tip may have been used by a diferent metal? This is the back of the spine near the tip and about 3 and half inches from the tip is a straight line going across the spine that you can see its a diferent shade of metal...what exactly is this?

Thank you gentleman!

2qx272o.jpg

Hello,

I drew an arrow at the area where it looks like the tip may have been used by a diferent metal? This is the back of the spine near the tip and about 3 and half inches from the tip is a straight line going across the spine that you can see its a diferent shade of metal...what exactly is this?

It is normal, it is a polish mark

Sebastien

...... And it has a saying on the Mei that translates to The death Slaying sword/evil slaying sword(something along those lines,i believe). ......

It is a Buddhism term, which usually means the sword held by Fudo-Myo-O (不動明王).

降魔之剣 (Gôma no ken) – devil-quelling sword

Wow,is this also Yoshimune's work as well....thank you for the posting the link!! the fileing on the mei is pratically identical.....makes me kind of upset seeing what it would look like polished and happy that i know it will be properly done one of these days when extra money losens up....

was the sword on the link being sold?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..