EMS Shipment

Disclaimer on AOI Art Website :

Today, it is very difficult to send swords by EMS according to city.

(The rule of airline company has changed in July,

and it is not allowed to send swords by indirect flight now.)

And we must send swords by Fedex according to city.

(In that case, we will defray about JPY 10,000-)

Therefore, We will charge shipping cost according to city.

We are sorry very much.

Yes, thanks for posting that Jean.

There has been an "on again, off again" policy by Japan Air Lines (JAL) for the past year and a half or so. JAL is the exclusive carrier of EMS packages out of Japan, and established a policy refusing to carry weapons on board it's aircraft citing security concerns. The shifting between allowing and not allowing has caused a great deal of confusion. So I guess they are now officially refusing........again. Such a pain in the neck. :rant:

It should also be pointed out that EMS works just fine for shipping swords into Japan (at least from the U.S.), with all the usual licensing procedures applied. EMS transport into Japan is by carriers from the point of origin and not JAL.

Yep..just the rest of us that are stuffed :doubt:

I'd like to send JAL an email and notify them I won't give them any business, and will make sure everyone I know has that same attitude.

If they think that a stop off at some foreign airport makes swords so dangerous suddenly, then they should maybe look up to see how many ppl were killed this year by swords, and how many by plane crashes. :crazy:

Brian

So can EMS not be shipped on an Air Canada flight from Tokyo to Vancouver and then onward by another carrier? What does it mean only not allowed on non-direct flights ? Its like a double negative - so it is allowed on direct flights to a particular city served by JAL? JAl may fly into Canada on a direct flight but then they have to use a CAnadian carrier cause they don't fly here!

The dealer from whom I bought my first piece from Japan one week ago told me the same with these new law (allowed only on direct flights).

Any idea how long it will take to ship a parcel from Japan to Europe without airplane?

So can EMS not be shipped on an Air Canada flight from Tokyo to Vancouver and then onward by another carrier?

That would be classed as direct. Once the package arrives in Canada it's out of Japanese hands so doesn't matter how it reaches the customer. It's only for countries that have no direct flights into them by JAL I presume.

Hi All

After cange rule, From my experience......

USA,Canada,Israel,Itaria,Finland,Swiss is no problem. Australia was to never send the sword aat EMS. Also Fedex is never accept sword.Fedex accept imitation sword only. UPS also never accept. DHL also.....

Nakamura

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..