another eBay fraud

well, you really expect a genuine Nihonto for 36 beans ?

Click on " fake swords " at top of the message board and compare.........

all the signs are there and it's not rocket science.

Now here's one e-bay auction i think is a " reasonable " deal...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/YARI-SPEAR-TIP-NBTH ... 0065824927

papered and all and most likely you can re-sell at same price when you are done studying the thing.

Milt THE ronin

well, you really expect a genuine Nihonto for 36 beans ?

Click on " fake swords " at top of the message board and compare.........

all the signs are there and it's not rocket science.

Now here's one e-bay auction i think is a " reasonable " deal...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/YARI-SPEAR-TIP-NBTH ... 0065824927

papered and all and most likely you can re-sell at same price when you are done studying the thing.

Milt THE ronin

That's a really nice yari Milt.... Damn!@ I'm a fool for these things. You'd think'd learn by now.

I'm new to this message board so here is my first posting.

I fall victim to this eBay seller who asured me the sword was original. Since I purchased the item I found it is a China fake

Here is the link to the fake sword I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

Milt is right, but I think you got off lucky. I lot of people (not me of course :-) ) made more costly mistakes. But this one WAS obvious... sorry.

Cheers,

Deron

you guys don't have to worry about me sniping the yari.............but have fun bidding , just don't get carried away with the auction fever.

With old green paper, full polish, the yari should sell for 1600-2000 at typical sword shows.

milt THE jumonji-ED yari ronin

Keep in mind that most of us here do not read Japanese fluently, and therefore necessary script is fine, but if it is not related to the thread or necessary for explanation, please either think twice before posting it, or at least provide a translation so that we can at least improve our knowledge of Japanese.

Thanks,

Brian

... so that we can at least improve our knowledge of Japanese.

What do want to learn from this kind of "Japanlish"?

I get what he *wanted* to say, but you'd fare better with "ano yari o kau ni wa o-kane ga tarimasen", i.e. "I don't have enough money to buy that Yari".

Wouldn't have mentioned it under other circumstances, but since he's always bragging about his Japanese ...

And btw, what about the forum rule that people who use a handle have to at least sign their post with (part of) their real name?

I get what he *wanted* to say, but you'd fare better with "ano yari o kau ni wa o-kane ga tarimasen", i.e. "I don't have enough money to buy that Yari".

Wouldn't have mentioned it under other circumstances, but since he's always bragging about his Japanese ...

And btw, what about the forum rule that people who use a handle have to at least sign their post with (part of) their real name?

HERRN SCHILLER!

A: literally i say.... about the yari, i dont have money man! this is normal youngster's street-slang-Japanese, not the Japanese you use which is definetely Tokyo upper class diet style. and btw its ga arimasen, unless you mean the verb Taru...

sono or ano depends on where you are standing. btw it can also be...

ano yari o kau KOTO ni wa o-kane ga (t)arimasen or (nai)

B: I am not bragging nor have I ever been bragging about my knowledge of Japanese, so please show me the exact postings in which i did brag about my knowledge of Japanese, which is that of a university student in his 4th year. If you mean my post about daimyou54eb, its not bragging, its telling you that speaking Japanese helps a lot when dealing with the Japanese.

for the rest i would like to add some angry Japanese verbs and sentences ending in rro! yo! no! en baka na............:lol: :lol:

you are just lucky to live in Japan yourself so you are able to speak it every day i guess..... :lol: :lol:

no offense but please dont be so high up yourself......... that is a little bit silly and offends me a little. no matter what you have done and how well known you might be in the scientific community.

KM

Ah yes the name and location thing:

due to the fact i have run into some nasty dealings with known Polish criminals trying to sell me a sword, and several e-bay fraudsters whom i have denounced at 419eater.com i have requested Brian to allow me to keep slightly anonymous.

thats why it says ON REQUEST!!!! :evil: :lol: :lol:

PSII: Brian, Will do!!

Please don't force me to step in here and take action. Guido is a very well respected member of the Nihonto community, and his presence here is considered an asset by myself and others.

The original post about finances serves no purpose, and is not worth debating over. youngster's street-slang-Japanese also does not contribute anything to the original post, and I would respectfully ask for this to cease.

For the record, I do have KM's full details and a request to retain some anonymity due to the particular circumstances, and this is the only exception to the rule of real names. I would once again ask for people to stick to the rules unless you have emailed/pm'ed with good reasons why you would like to use a pseudonym, and I will require your full details on record.

KM..trying to correct someone who has a clear understanding of proper Japanese serves no purpose, and as the recent post on Masamune on SFI demonstrated, will only lead to a point by point breakdown of the incorrect points raised. In the spirit of the season, I would ask for everyone to consider the matter closed, unless you wish to continue it via pm with the relevant parties.

Thanks,

Brian