• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Darcy

Darcy

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

Brian invited me to re-post the fraud warning about Yahya Abdelsamad, and that he would reply with the relevant information about the threats and multiple identities posting from one computer in Japan.

The computer in question maps back to fccjapan.st.wakawaka.ne.jp via reverse name lookup, and this is the Foreign Correspondent's Club in Japan, where Yahya is a member.

Rather than load the site with a lot of text, I will link over to the posts at Sword Forum where I am continuing to update the story based on new victims who have come forward. Since the time of the drama on this board, Kim Gray has come forward, and two women in Japan have been added to the list of fraud victims.

The thread at SwordForum is found here:

http://forums.swordf...?threadid=68483

In the meantime, be safe and keep one hand on your wallet at all times :-). I was given a nice mugshot of this fellow and permission to use it. In case you see this face attached to an Alias, you know who you are dealing with. Please find it attached at the bottom of this page.

Attached Thumbnails

• yahya-abdelsamad-mugshot.jpg

http://www.nihonto.ca (only way to reach me, do not PM me on this board, you will not get a response)

#2 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,719 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:18 PM

I won't go into all the details, since they are fully documented in the above link, but I will emphasize that the allegations of fraud and theft by Mr Yahya Abdelsamad (and various aliasses) are confirmed by the various victims including Darcy, Billy Denoia, Barry Hennick, Kim Gray etc. As such, anyone having contact with him should form their own logical opinions befoe dealing with him.

There were various documented threats and rude allegations emailed and posted on the previous forum and to my own email address, supposedly from various "outraged" friends of Yayha. These were all positively traced to ip's that Yahya himself had posted from, and I have no doubts originated from him. These are all recorded and saved for a pending future action.

There are considerable monies and Nihonto items that remain unpaid and are being investigated. I am posting this as a warning to anyone who deals with this individual, or has any further info to contribute. If anyone else has been conned or has concerns, please contact Darcy directly in this regard.

Please note for those of you on eBay...he went under the names of pipersbonnet, glosterhill, piobaireachdmorar and now recently tochiscouts. (possibly Kendoman..but this is unconfirmed)
http://contact.ebay.... ... ochiscouts
feedback - http://feedback.ebay... ... 6618531133
This is all public record.

I am not asking for a debate or discussion about this matter, but wish this to serve as a warning to anyone who is tempted to trust anyone without good references and a solid agreement. It can happen to any of us, so please take care when dealing with people you don't know, or have any doubts about. I will assist wherever possible in helping to resolve these issues that affect us all in in the Nihonto community.

Regards,
Brian

#3 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,719 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

Just an update for those interested:
The recent member here called Kendoman has been positively linked to Yahya Abdelsamad. The email used here by him (calling himself John Sarvent or Sarvant) has been used by Yahya himself elsewhere on the internet as a contact email. All the proof has been documented and saved and is available.

Take that info however you wish :roll:

Brian

- Admin -

#4 sencho

sencho

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • LocationBashamichi, Yokohama

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

ha ha ha.... I was reading that post and thought about Yahya, but thought "no can't be"...

Good job Bri..

Cheers

ナイジェル ビーティー
http://www.someya-group.com

#5 Bungo

Bungo

Ronin

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • LocationDeutschland till 2013

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:08 PM

never trust anyone with a manga face.............. :badgrin:

milt the ronin
Zeit und Raum existieren nur in unseren Köpfen

#6 sencho

sencho

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

Also I stumbled on some member on ebay the other day that was buying and selling Japanese swords and Scottish bagpipes..... which I thought a strange combination...

Until I remembered the big Yahya hoo ha on the old board a year ago.

Shame... he was being quite constructive in some of his posts as Kendoman, but obviously easily inflamed....

Wonder if Choshuya know about him... he seemed to know them fairly well.

Cheers

ナイジェル ビーティー

#7 Guest_Simon Rowson_*

Guest_Simon Rowson_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:38 AM

I just took a look at "tochiscouts" eBay feedback....... it would appear that Mr Abdelsamad is as honest with bagpipes as he is with swords.

Oh, and by the way Yahya/"John" (if you're reading this), please don't bother contacting me again under a false name and certainly don't tell any other Japanese friends of mine that you introduced me to this forum!

If you do, I will simply direct them to this forum and this thread which, I'm sure, will make very interesting reading.

Simon Rowson

#8 Zootalures

Zootalures

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAtlantic Canada

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

http://myworld.ebay....of-the-samurai/ Judging by his style of reply to bad feedbacks I think this may him as well.
Regards;
Mike H.

#9 pcfarrar

pcfarrar

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

http://myworld.ebay.com/arts-of-the-samurai/ Judging by his style of reply to bad feedbacks I think this may him as well.
Regards;

Thats our old friend Mackstar :lol:
Peter Farrar

#10 remzy

remzy

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

OMG im having a laugh reading his negative feedbacks, what a whacko!!!!

-will never do business with this person again. watch out for this one!

Reply by arts-of-the-samurai (Apr-24-07 22:33):
Naughty Erik was Caught Red Handed selling Forgeries, Thus the above feedback

:o
Remy B
"Without mercy, man is like a beast. Men are created equal, everyone is entitled to happiness."

#11 sencho

sencho

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

I have heard about some people being satisfied with him, however it seems if anything goes wrong with a transaction, or if someone asks a simple question, he goes totally cactus!

Strange fella... I am not sure he is a common criminal like Yahya, maybe just a little deranged at times. :lol:

Cheers!

ナイジェル ビーティー

#12 johnb

johnb

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationAustralia/Indonesia

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

Went to ebay to enjoy the feed back and it seems he is no longer a registered user. Lokks like you scared him off...for the moment.

#13 nihonto1001

nihonto1001

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:21 AM

Do you think this guy has any relation to Tom Schneider of Germany? Maybe one of his AKAs? Anyway, he is someone to stand clear of as well. :evil: :steamed: :evil:

He also uses an Alias. He is no longer on ebay as tomscneck because I got that account kicked off.

-Jon
All The Best,

Jon
"Some Dealers are Collectors...that just got a little carried away"
http://www.Onihonto.com

#14 Markus

Markus

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • LocationAustria / North Carolina

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

Funny, there was a "nyusen" blade by the smith Komiya Rokuro Kokuten at the
this years forging competition, which was made - according to its signature -
for Yahya. Would be interesting if he paid for this one ;)

#15 drbvac

drbvac

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • LocationPrince Edward Island Canada

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

:steamed: Too bad some of the guys couldn't show these characters how effective Nihonto can be! Just an appropriatley placed tap - nothing really hurtful - just enough to seriously affect typing skills. :badgrin:

Thanks guys for the warnings as usual - feel real sorry fro any newbies or those that have no idea these guys are even out there !
Can't retire - spent most of my money on women, liquor, german cars and Nihonto -- all the rest - I wasted.

#16 Lindus

Lindus

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationCornwall,UK

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

From Paval Novak to LD Strobe, the potential fraud is always about. My simple rule since I started selling my collection eight years ago is this.
Offer a set aside/Lay by or stage payment as we have all been in the situation of wanting but not affording the full amount. Retain the item untill full payment is made. Be sure to make the rules of the transaction absolutely clear.

Clear cheques and if the buyer calls at the house accept only cash or retain the item untill the chq: is cleared. Simple rule and perhaps being a bit of a cynic, trust not a soul unless they drive a Hyundai :bowdown:

Roy

#17 Ed Hicks

Ed Hicks

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

Who is Mackstar?

and old timers here should recall Frank Gish who was like the plague across the US and ended up in Fed Pen in Georgia for stealing swords from veterans and widows. Ed

Attached Thumbnails

• Sanjuro.gif

#18 Lingonberry

Lingonberry

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

WOW.... when I was studying in Japan a professor of mine allowed me to do a "self study" course on nihonto as art objects. He introduced me to Yahya as a mentor of sorts but with a rather stern warning that he had one heck of a temper and even the slightest breach in what Yahya deemed as "proper" would completely set him off. This became somewhat of a Greek tragedy/self fulfilling prophecy as I was too scared of offending Yahya to even contact him (would I ruin everything if I called when he was eating dinner? would be fly into a rage if I called when he was having an important conversation when I happened to call? etc...) so he ended up calling me. This reluctance to call him, in the end, set him off as well as a miscommunication about me taking a trip to Tokyo to meet with him. He sent me a very strongly worded email about how I was lazy and was content to let him do all the work. I guess it was fortunate that I never actually got to meet him.

Also I stumbled on some member on ebay the other day that was buying and selling Japanese swords and Scottish bagpipes..... which I thought a strange combination...

Supposedly he's half Scottish and his Scottish Uncle taught him to be a champion bagpiper. His other side is supposed to be Ethiopian royalty, which I was told contributed to his VERY strong opinions regarding proper behavior.
-Adam G.-

#19 paulb

paulb

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

It is a pity his strong opinions on proper behaviour didnt extend to fraud and theft, or perhaps his approach in this area is a result of some other inherited ethnic gene.

#20 Jean

Jean

Daimyo

• Moderators
  • 7,063 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: Paul
Jean L.
Soshin Gimei

#21 Marius

Marius

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,863 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

@Paul

Ethnic gene?
Best regards

Marius
(a supercilious nincompoop using regurgitated rhetoric to offer absolutely nothing insightful)

#22 paulb

paulb

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Dear Mariusz,
If the comment as written offends you I apologise that is certainly not the intention.The ethnic gene comment was a not too serious remark made in relation to the earlier post suggesting his behaviour was due to his Royal Ethopian blood.
There was no racist intent in using the word ethnic which refers to ones cultural and racial origin. Regrettably words seem to have taken on new and in some cases totally negative meanings to the point where they cannot be used any more.
I think the way it is used in this context is acceptable, there was certainly no racist or other negative intent. This gentleman is perfectly dislikeable without any consideration of his origins. if the moderators think differently they are welcome to remove it.

#23 Marius

Marius

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,863 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

No problem, Paul :) I understand. Thanks for clearifying :)
Best regards

Marius
(a supercilious nincompoop using regurgitated rhetoric to offer absolutely nothing insightful)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq