Help with signature

Wooly77

Hello Collectors, This is my first post to this forum. I have been sent over here from the WA forum. Could anyone help me with this signature please? I think it could be Tomomitsu but not sure. I came across this piece in a load of junk. It has seen better days but I would like any information about getting it restored. Thanks in advance, Wooly

post-1467-1419676147105_thumb.jpg

post-1467-14196761476076_thumb.jpg

LOL did you not think i was right on the WA?

still Tomomitsu

Stephen, I am new to this, and bow to all who are knowlegable but I'm only trying to get a second opinion as someone else thought that the firsrt character may not be Tomo, as it was written in an unusual manner!!

I came across this piece in a load of junk.

Well, this was part of the junk as well. - The person, who wrote this mei, was either severly disabled, over a hundred years old, or.... just an ignorant faker. TOMOMITSU or not: You better forget about this mei and focus on the blade.

reinhard

I was also thinking the same thing...it looks like someone kept adding random strokes to the first kanji until it resembled something. :lol:

Gimei, but let's see some pics of the blade itself. Maybe better than the bad signature.

Brian

Well, this was part of the junk as well. - The person, who wrote this mei, was either severly disabled, over a hundred years old, or.... just an ignorant faker. TOMOMITSU or not: You better forget about this mei and focus on the blade.

reinhard

OK is there anywhere in the UK that I could take the blade to for someone to have a look at? I have been given a couple of contacts but they are in US/Hawaii. I don't want to fork out a sum sending it abroad only to find out that it is not worth it (if you see what I mean!!!!!) Thanks

reinhard

where in the uk are you as they are some experienced members here namely ian bottomley...peter farrah etc.....but alas not me :dunno:

OK is there anywhere in the UK that I could take the blade to for someone to have a look at? I have been given a couple of contacts but they are in US/Hawaii. I don't want to fork out a sum sending it abroad only to find out that it is not worth it (if you see what I mean!!!!!) Thanks

Hi,

If you can get to the Birmingham motorcycle museum (on the same roundabout as the NEC) on I think June 14th, there are lots of good people that you can show your sword to. I think the Northern Token Society have a table.

I will check the date and let you know if it's different.

All the best

Mark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..