Scroll made by Toyotomi Hideyoshi for sale at Toraba!

I dont think we will ever know hehehehehe...

i think you can buy a few nihon-to from it... only thing is that (if the buyer is not Japanese) the govt and musea were very very dumb if this got out of the country and was lost to the people of Japan....

we are not talking about a woodblock print here.......

KM

Well..if it was still for sale this morning..and has been for sale for a few weeks, then I would maybe like to think that we have some serious lurkers here with serious interests and money :)

KM..maybe you should email Toraba and ask for your commission...LOL

Brian

just so i don't sound like an elitist ...........

the seller has the same idea too.............

" Though clearly his promotions lead to an increasing need to be schooled to a degree in reading an writing, to the end of his life, Hideyoshi lacked skill in these areas, though was not completely incapable of either as is sometimes thought.

I think it is quite interesting to note how simple Hideyoshi's kanji character script is, which is clearly quite unsophisticated, having strong similarities to the characters written by a an adolescent. This would be in keeping with his level of abilities and generally unrefined background and education. The image and script may very well actually represent a work produced during a lesson to improve Hideyoshi's literacy, though this is only spectulation on my part "

amen !!

milt THE ronin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..