Welcome

Welcome to the new home of the Nihonto Message Board. This forum was originally run by Dr R. Stein, and subsequently by Mr Rich Turner. Both provided a great resource for Nihonto enthusiasts, both beginners and more advanced collectors. Due to other commitments, it has now been passed on to myself, Brian Robinson. These are some huge shoes to fill, and I think if I can provide even half of the service, help and information that these 2 gentlemen provided, then we will have a productive and informative discussion board that I hope will be of assistance to all enthusiasts. Please remember that I am not an expert on the subject by any means. I do not even class myself as an advanced novice. The intention is to provide a place for the forum to continue to grow and provide assistance.

Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of their knowledge level. Anyone with an interest in Japanese Swords is encouraged to join and participate at any level they feel comfortable with.

The rules are very simple.

1-Please use any screen name you desire, but we ask that you provide at least your first name and initial, or initial and surname somewhere in your post. This can be by signing your posts, adding a signature in your profile or using it as your screen name.

Anyone who has a GOOD reason for not doing this is welcome to contact myself, and I will look at this on a case-by-case basis.

2-Be polite, courteous and civil in your posts. We will not tolerate rudeness and abuse. Debate is fine, but when it turns into bickering or arguments then the topic will be closed and action taken against offending members.

3-Links to active auctions and sales ARE allowed here. All we ask is that you remind members that any comments are merely opinions, and as such are subject to independent verification. Please use your discression when posting info on these subjects, and use the correct forums. Members should remember that opinions can be wrong, and are just guidelines. They should be treated accordingly, and pure slander will be dealt with appropriately. Discussion should focus on items themselves and not on pricing.

4-Please try to remain on topic. There are appropriate forums for most subjects, and although some light banter is welcome...please remember that this is an educational forum and the topic is Nihonto.

5-Commercial messages are allowed within limits. The occasional commercial post is welcome, but please do not abuse this allowance, and contact a moderator if you are unsure if your message is appropriate.

6-All non-copyrighted info posted here becomes the propery of the NMB and can be used in any way such as subsequent quoting or in articles or submissions.

7-Have fun. This is an informal place, and we want to see you enjoy yourself here.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and welcome to the new Nihonto Message Board. I hope you find this beneficial to your interests.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their participation.

Brian Robinson

Good job Brian.... I like the look of it all. Maybe too many categories, I thought four on the old board was enough... but we will see.

Thanks for your efforts Richard T and thanks for taking this over Brian and giving me a place to learn!!

Nigel Beatty

Rich S,

I think it is us who owes you a big thanks. You began the forum, and without that we would all be lost. You still have the finest Nihonto site on the net, and I think we all owe you a big thanks.

Nigel..thanks for the comments. I may post a poll and see if we should reduce the amount of forums here. Perhaps the auctions and sales one should be incorporated into the Nihonto one?

It seems the Tosogu guys may appreciate their own forum, but if requested by all..then I can combine that also.

Will see what the members say in a few days.

Regards,

Brian

Thanks to all who made this work along the years, since I first entered Dr. stein site on 1999 and fell in love with Nihonto (and also lost all my free cash ;) ), also many thanks to Rich T through his term I started with tsuba collection (mostly sukashi...), and now Brian you have upgraded the board , so good luck, your success is ours also. Mike

Brian,

Congratulations on this new endeavor. While these are "Big Shoes", I am sure you will do a great job, as have those who came before you.

I am sorry to see Rich T step down, he has been a fantastic resource to the Nihonto Community. His tireless and dedicated service to this board are a tribute to his name. But more than that he is just an all around good guy.

Thanks Rich.

In closing, I leave one word for all: GANBATTE !!!

Ed M.

I've been kinda scarce lately. Lots of stuff going on with home and work, but I'm still around. Great new look.

Rich, you've done an awesome job. I've really enjoyed and appreciated your efforts.

Brian, thanks for taking the wheel. Running these boards are not for the faint of heart and take a huge amount of commitment. Many thanks.

I guess this makes Brian Sandai now neh? :-)

• 1 year later...

I must admit, I`m probably the youngest guy here, 17 I admit it, however I tend to do alot of research on swords, read all sorts of books, and personally know 2 sword polishers. So I try :lol:

I appreciate what you do to make us feel at home here, giving us new information, as well as a place to find new information and a chance to help fellow collectors of swords.

I appreciate your time and effort at making me feel welcome

Excellent job BRIAN!

thnx

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..