Herman Wallinga

b.hennick

It is with deep sadness that I wish to inform of the passing of Herman Wallinga. His broad smile, strong handshake and good humour will be greatly missed by those who knew him. Herman wrote a wonderful article on Minatogawa jinja blades. He was a Director of the JSSUS and a leader in the Rochester Sword Study Group. His advice and counsel were always appreciated and well thought out. May his memory be a blessing for all.

It brings much sadness and a heavy heart to receive this news. Herman was a wonderful person, with a most charismatic manner of expressing himself. He was sharp as a sword with his unique type of humorous wit, and held little tolerance for nonsense, which made him an excellent nihonto student. Herman was a very reflective person that cherished life.

You will be greatly missed dear friend.

Franco

Herman was a wonderful person, with a most charismatic manner of expressing himself. He was sharp as a sword with his unique type of humorous wit, and held little tolerance for nonsense, Franco

Herman and I traded wits, " insults " at the sword shows, sort of like " point counter point " and he was a very worthy opponent............ sword shows ( to me personally ) will never be the same. I missed that ole boy.

milt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..