Need Help with translation

Mark Green

Greetings Gang,

I finaly got my Bungo To. I need some help with a few lists.

I would gladly make a donation to the sword Boards fund drive in someones name who would help me with a couple pages. Please contact me if you know Japanese well enough to help.

I have deciphered about a third of it, but that is from pure kanji reference, not knowing Japanese.

Contact me at: mgreen92@triad.rr.com

Here are a few easy ones while I wait. Thanks for any help.

Mark G

post-99-14196758335505_thumb.jpg

post-99-14196758336595_thumb.jpg

Mark,

This reads (right to left and top to bottom):

(top)

wakizashi

mei

Bungo (no) Ju Fujiwara (no) TOMOYUKI

nagasa (length): 43.8 cm (1 shaku 1 sun 1 bu)

sori (curvature): 1.1 cm (3 bu 5 rin)

(bottom)

katana

mei

Bungo (no) Kuni TOMOYUKI

nagasa : 71.1 cm (2 shaku 3 sun 5 bu)

reinhard

Hi Mark,

Here we go...

Tomoyuki - signed with "Bungo no Kuni-jû Tomoyuki saku", and there exists a mei on the ura of the fourth year Bunna (1355).

First generation Tomoyuki, eldest son of Tomotsugu, died during the Jôji period (1362-1368). He is also regarded as

founder of the Takada school (as first generation). - Bunna period (1352-1356)

Tomoyuki - second generation, signed with "Hôshû Tomoyuki saku" and "Bungo-shû Takada-shô Tomoyuki". For his dating, he uses

mostly the Southern Imperial calendar. It is also said that the was the son of Tomomitsu. With the honorary title "Echizen

no kami", he changed his surname to "Nakama". He was granted the family name "Fujiwara" by Ôtomo Sadamune. This was

the beginning of the Nakama family. - Shôhei period (1346-1370)

Tomoyuki - third generation, signed with "Hôshû-jû Tomoyuki". around Meitoku (1390-1394) and Ôei (1394-1428) - Ôei period (1394-1428)

Tomoyuki - there is a signature "Bungô-shû Takada-jû Fujiwara Tomoyuki" and a the date "Jôji ni-nen" (1363) on the ura, and also

"Shitoku gannen" (1384), "Hôshû-jû Tomoyuki". - Jôji period (1362-1368)

Tomoyuki - signed with "Bungo no Kuni Takada-jû Fujiwara Tomoyuki". Suguha, ko-midare, gunome-midare, ô-notare and so on, counted

as wazamono. It is said that he lived in Buzen Kokura. Called "Yoichibei". - Kan´ei period (1624-1644)

Tomoyuki - he resembles Sadayuki but is inferior. "Buzen Kokura-jû Tomoyuki". - Kanbun period (1661-1673)

Tomoyuki - signed with "Buzen Takada-jû Fujiwara Tomoyuki". Was called "Takada Kôsuke (also read as Yukisuke)". Worked

also in Edo/Musashi but lived later in Buzen Nakatsu. - Genroku period (1688-1704)

Hi Mark, I´m glad to be of any help.

Here we go again...

Tomoyuki - Yamato Senjûin school, signed with a niji-mei. Moved later to Bungo´s Mine fief. - Genraku period (1184-1184)

Tomoyuki - Buzen Usagû Tomoyuki. - Tennin period (1108-1110)

Tomoyuki - signed with "Genryô Nyûdô Nobukuni Tomoyuki". Buzen, - Kakitsu period (1441-1444)

Tomoyuki - Bungo Takada school, signed with a niji-mei. Descendant from the Tomoyuki of the Genraku period. - Shôwa period (1312-1317)

Tomoyuki - "Bungo Takada-jûnin Tomoyuki", or also "Bungo no Kuni-jû Tomoyuki", there are date inscriptions on the ura of the second year

Kenmu (1335) and the second year Bunna (1353). - Kenmu period (1334-1338)

Markus,

:clap: :bowdown:

That way way beyond anything that could be expected. It's fantastic having your input. We have some really fine transaltion experts here that give so freely (you all know who you are)

Thanks,

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..