Help Needed with very long Mei

blucool

I agree, looks like a nice signature on a junk blade. This is an odd one though, its hard to imagine someone going through the work of chiseling this detailed signature as well as the horimono all for a cheap knock off blade? Any chance the signature/horimono engraving are somehow done by machine?

Regardless, still curious to get a translation on the mei if anyone can make sense of it!

boshiqu1.th.jpg

be12wp8.th.jpg

5912gw7.th.jpg

I agree, looks like a nice signature on a junk blade. This is an odd one though, its hard to imagine someone going through the work of chiseling this detailed signature as well as the horimono all for a cheap knock off blade? Any chance the signature/horimono engraving are somehow done by machine?

Regardless, still curious to get a translation on the mei if anyone can make sense of it!

Actually, the chiseling is not good but poor. Also, there are several wrongly written characters and wrong terms as Japanese. But I could imagin what the faker wanted to say with the Mei for some parts. A rough translation is as follows.

on the right pic. of nakago;

Dedication for the order from Shogun (of course the Shogun did not exist in Meiji). Teishitsu Gigei In (a title which Gassan Sadakazu got in 1906).

This sword was made as a spare for the sword which is to be worn by the holly Emperor of Meiji.

Gassan Sadakazu (wrong Kanji), date (cannot understand).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..