I have had one or 2 people telling me that they didn't get forum notification emails.

I have checked all settings, and nothing appears wrong. I need to know if this is constant or sporadic. Can anyone tell me if they receive some of the emails, or none of them?

Also helps to turn on the pm popups that will let you know if you have a pm as soon as you log in. So is this happening every time, or just sometimes?

Brian

Ed,

Very simple.

When you send a pm, it goes to your outbox and stays there until the person reads it. Only then is it considered sent and shows in your sent box.

That way, you can easily see at any stage if the other person has read it. If it is in your out box, that person has not checked their pm's and read it.

Remember to periodically clear out your sent box and any old pm's.

Brian

not getting any emails telling me i have messages like i use to do nor is it opening up when i log in etc......use to do both when i first regestered and i have not changed any settings...only time i know i have a message is by the private message link on the task bar changes colour and its hardly noticable

• 5 months later...

Have done everything I can do from a server point of view. All I can suggest now is clearing cookies and logging in again. Also clear pc cache occasionally.

However email notifications can be buggy sometimes, depending on dns servers that week worldwide. AOL particularly. Beats me :dunno:

I have the popup set for me, and works every time I come here.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Rich,

That is odd indeed. Ican't think of any way that can happen unless someone hacked your account or it was just some bug :dunno:

For the record, I don't have access to anyone's password here. Not sure what settings changed, but haven't noticed anything like that happening to me.

I do suggest people change their password every few months..but please remember what it was :)

And please do keep me informed of any occurrences like this.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has worked well since I started BUT it is often just as easy to send an e-mail directly and identify yourself as ---- from the NMB and go from there. Often quicker and doesn't require the loggin on board to receive replies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..