Deleting a post and other stuff

Dan,

No-one besides a moderator can delete an entire post. A user can edit their own post though. See the edit link below right on your own post.

This function is available only for a certain amount of days and then the post cannot be edited anymore by the user, but you can always pm a mod.

While we are here, I may as well address a few other small issues I see:

No need to quote someone every time, unless it is necessary. If yours is the next reply, we can all see what you are refering to ;) Use "reply"..not "quote" when appropriate. Having the entire post repeated every time is not necessary.

The forum automatically converts most links to clickable ones, and shortens them if necessary to prevent forcing scrolling. Don't put links betwen URL blocks if you don't have to..some of them are very long and the URL BB code won't allow them to shorten

To quote someone, just use the

xxxxxx
function or if you want their name to appear, then use
XXXXXX
I see a lot of mistaken use of the quote fiunction

If you see you made a spelling mistake in your title or post, use the edit function if you like. You can also use it to fix image upload issues or anything else that is incorrect.

Make sure you sign EVERY post with at least a name and initial. If you forget, then the easiest is to add it to your signature. I have begun editing profiles that don't do this, and adding the name myself instead of constantly repeating this.

Don't forget to peroidically go into your message box, go to sent messages and delete all the sent items. This clears up space.

If you have posted a wanted or for sale item and you have found it or sold it, please go back to your original message and edit it, and add "Sold" or "Found" to the title so I can delete the old post. You can also just reply and let us know if it is sold or found.

If you sold it, you don't have too..but it is nice to know if it went to a NMB member and if the commercial section works.

Lastly, just a request for anyone who uses a theme besides the "Nihonto" theme to perhaps consider changing to this one in your profile. There are only about 12 people using other themes, and I would really like to disable the other themes eventually for ease of maintenance. You will get used to it, I promise.

With thanks,

Brian

Lastly, just a request for anyone who uses a theme besides the "Nihonto" theme to perhaps consider changing to this one in your profile. There are only about 12 people using other themes, and I would really like to disable the other themes eventually for ease of maintenance. You will get used to it, I promise.
Don't you dare! I hate the "pc game" theme, and am quite happy with "subsilver2" - it's also easier on my old eyes!

Oh..OK :D

But these using other styles are missing out on that nice links bar above the forum. I'll have to see if I can code it into the other theme. That leave BlackSould theme. How about those using it consider Nihonto or Subsilver2 themes then? That would be easier than 3 themes.

Brian

Previews:

?style=1

?style=2

?style=3

This is the default one though, and I don't want more people going to other styles in their profile. The others aren't updated fully, don't have all the links above, and are hard to update. I know some are easier on the eyes or have other nice features, but please don't go into a discussion abotu that unless you are a programmer and want to help impliment some of the changes.

Brian

Archived