Links bar at top updated

Hi all,

I have updated the links bar at the very top of the forum. For those using the Nihonto theme (selectable in your profile, which is 98% of you) you should refresh the page by either clicking refresh and shift, or cntrl and refresh in your browser depending on browser. You may have to do this a few times, or it may update naturally over the next few days.

I have updated the links to now provide instant access to the new JSL Index (Index to Japanese Sword Literature) by Grey Doffin and hosted by the JSSUS. I have also added the comprehensive glossary to sword terms on Harry Watson's page (AFU) and updated the Kanji link to Dr Stein's page on this, and the Fakes page to link to Grey's eBay page on this.

There are some very useful links up there now, and the glossary should be useful to newcommers when reading posts.

Please note, those that are using other themes than Nihonto, won't see this bar.

I would really like to standardize on one theme, so those using other themes, please think about reverting to the default one. I know change is hard, but most people here don't even remember the old forum look, and I am sure are quite used to this one by now.

I simply can't update all the themes individually, and it would be much easier for me to have one theme to update. There are,at this stage, very few using other themes, and while we all have preferences, unless you know website coding VERY well and want to assist...please spare a thought for my limited abilities to maintain different themes that all require their own techniques and coding.

The Nihonto theme which is the default is the one with the links bar at the top starting with FAQ (Which is non-functional right now, but I will get to soon) and ending with Swordsmith Database.

Enjoy the new and updated links. If anyone is still on 800x600 screen resolution, please let me know if the links bar is viewed ok, or if it scrolls or wraps?

Thanks,

Brian

Archived