Omori Teruhide...again

Brian

Here comes a new pic with "your" and "my" Tsuba. I don't remember from which book I have it.When I was creating my private Tosogo-mei.database,now with around 5000 entries..

Likely the tsuba in Ludolf's database is the MFA one. At least now you know the source Ludolf :)

When you say "I had it papered" I assume now that you meant in your notes on this one, you had it down as papered?

Regards,

Brian

Edit to add: That sounds like a great database you have created there. Hope oneday you will consider putting it online ;)

• 7 months later...
Thanks for that Ludolf. Very interesting...that one is signed on the left of the seppa dai and you say it papered to Omori Teruhide?

I wish this set were mine instead of posting for someone else :lol:

Here is some more info from the owner. This isn't just a tsuba..it is a daisho of 2 x tsuba, 2 x fuchi and kashira sets, 1 x kozuka and 1 x kogai :shock: Menuki are gold crayfish and likely another good school.

These are the only pics I have for now. Some variances in the mei on the various fittings. Workmanship on all looks very good indeed. The owner sends his thanks for the comments and assistance so far.

Brian

Thank you Brian for posting the whole set of tosogu. They are wonderful even if they are gimei.

Yours truly,

David (Soshin)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..