of cultural interest.................. definetely!

A lot!!!!!!!!

only downside to this auction is that most of the art will disappear again in someones vault!

which i find as bad as the robbing by the nazis in the first place..

this art should stay public, in stead of rich buggers nicking it from the citizens of the world.......

KM

(PS Milt.... shall we turn this thread into a funny video one? ;) )

(PS Milt.... shall we turn this thread into a funny video one? ;) )

don't know how you can do that but the following link is definitely cultural related.

http://www.esnips.com/web/sujikabutosPhotos/

a complete set of 12 paintings taken from the folding screens (*byoubu 屏風), the artist is Tamura Chokuou 田村直翁.

You van click on the various size options if you want to see more detail ( I think )

p.s. my thanks to the other member that posted pics on this site.......leading me to set up a free account.

milt THE ronin

the following link is definitely cultural related.

http://www.esnips.com/web/sujikabutosPhotos/

p.s. my thanks to the other member that posted pics on this site.......leading me to set up a free account.

milt THE ronin

while looking at the birds, check out the other " public " folders too.....will be periodically adding pics of my " better " stuffs to the various folders.

Milt The ronin

Hi Milt, Why not make your own web site where you can illustrate your collection and give the history and explain all the facets of each piece? There is some nice stuff there, but, it would be nice to know more about them. BTW, what job is 'jawbreaker'? John

I don't know enough about anything to host my own website. Bad enough for my lame jokes already and I sure don't want to " misled " any visitor.

jawbreaker inflicts pain............aka dentist :badgrin:

milt THE ronin

Is it safe? That's right I remember something about that from another board. I think there is another 'jawbreaker' in that group if I recall correctly. I am new to this computer game as well, just a few years, but, all our engines we are getting now are computer monitered and run (injection, etc.). In fact with an uplink head office could concievably override our computer setup remotely. Horrors, a desk jockey trying to out think a field engineer. Anyway, that is what brought me into the fold. Using Microsoft Front Page eliminates coding and running a site is not more difficult then up-loading pics, to here for example. When I go to the various web sites of dealers or collectors that give info with their pieces (eg. Danny's site, not to exclude others) it is a great educational resource. It is still nice to see the articles in collections though. Thanks, John

Jawbreakers are dangerous! a lot of kids followed some lame idea by a television host to warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds....

the stuff then blows up in your mouth....... so they got seriousely hurt.

and now for something completely different:

No 1......... The Larch.........

s_larch-green.JPG

but seriousely........

found a nice Dutch new Movie with a samurai.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KM

http://www.esnips.com/web/sujikabutosPh ... ge=1#files

just added my second set of complete 12 hawk paintings from those folding screen.

Seems like they are dismantlying them left and right ( two complet sets in matters of 4 months, what's the chance of that ? )

These are a bit later than the earlier Soga school ones I posted. I date these to late Edo/early Meiji.

Take a look see if so inclined.

Milt THE ronin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..