ANYONE OF YOU EVER BEEN: PAVEL NOVAK ked? he is at it again!

Hiya all... well i have finally been Pavelled!

for the ones of you who do not know Pavel Novak, Pawel Nowak, Pavel Tomasz...... the shipwreck and sword fraudster.......

he is a fraudster trying to sell nihon-to from Poland which he doesnt have.

yes again he tries to sell a XVIII century Katana for 400 US$ and now even a tanto for 200 US$

He has already been banned on several sword fora throughout the world...

Thank the Kami i am smart enough not to fall for his BS stories and photos....... and the Google name check for that matter!

:badgrin:

here are some excerpts of his standard e-mails he sends out:

Let me tell you something. I am not a collector. I got the items from Mr. Milakow III as a payment for my research work. I am an archivist and I live in Poland. I am 31 and I was educated in the University of Lodz (International Public Law Faculty). But my main interest is archival research. Diving and sailig also. I spend a lof of time in the archives and museums. Where I have a lot of friends. For example I know Cmdr. Ltd. David Watters who was a Deputy Director in National Maritime Museum in London. I have also friends in Ministry of Defence in UK. I am sending to you some of my credentials and references I have got in English archives. I hope it will help to trust me a little. If you want I can also send to you my EU Passport and EU Driving Licence.

Anyway, let me know what you think about it.

The blade (Blade Length: 28.75 inches Nakago: 7.25 inches .7 mm thick 30 mm wide) I am talking about I have got from one man, Mr. Milakow III from

California. That was a few years ago. His grandfather was an American

officer who served in the US Army during the WWII on Pacific. He was a POW and after the war, he got the sword from one of the Japanese officers. The sword has a WWII wear but the blade, according to the swordsman (Yoshihiro) is from the first part of the XVIII century. If you look at the signs on the blade you will see I am wright. I have a Custom Declaration which prove the that is an antique, genuine Japanese sword. The declaration shows the value of 750$. I am not a collector. I am an archivist who has an interest in Maritime History. I made a research for Mr. Milakow III a few years ago. He was not able to pay for the records I got for him and he sent me the katana

and tanto. I live in Poland. If you think you could have any interest in

such sword, please let me know. I could also send my ID Passport and

references and credentials I have got in Spanish and English archives to

show you that I am a honest man.

There is also a tanto I also got from Mr. Milakow III.

The price of the katana is 400 US$ and the tanto 200 US$.

and some photos of the items he is supposedly selling:

blade1eh8.th.jpg

tsubaak8.th.jpg

tanto1ar2.th.jpg

tanto6iw3.th.jpg

kashirae1fy0.th.jpg

kashirae4ev5.th.jpg

tanto4yq0.th.jpg

tanto3fp2.th.jpg

blade6hr9.th.jpg

blade4up3.th.jpg

blade7sb1.th.jpg

blade8xl1.th.jpg

tanto8os1.th.jpg

So be warned......... if you get unsolicited e-mails of him... do NOT react, do NOT send this man any money, and warn Yahoo abuse, hotmail abuse or any other e-mail he might use.

shipwrecks.research@yahoo.com

Pawel_Tomasz_Nowak@yahoo.com

see also:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread. ... 473&page=1

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread ... adid=45181

(by our friend Carlo)

and:

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread ... tid=496166

BEST WISHES,

KM

Yes the same guy tried to sell me the same set (Tanto and katana) a while back,was not sure as i'm new to this game so gave it a by ball,have heard a friend of mine who collects ( a policeman) was conned,he's trying to track this fraudster down ( has friends in the polish policeforce as well) so hemay well have picked on the wrong guy...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..