Standardising the posts for "Sales" items

The Snowflake

The most frustrating is when someone asks for more pictures, more details and that he is absolutely not in the buying mood. Before providing the extra work, I suggest to PM the member and ask him if he is a potential buyer.

Something frustrating also is having always the same members praising the item and complaining they have no money/empty pockets. Sellers can do without the empty pocket lament.

• Like 8

This is very interesting topic and I would like to wrote an essay on it, however from lack of time here are just few short thoughts. 

1. I think there is no better place to buy entry and mid level nihotno and tosogu then NMB sales board. I try to follow all online sales channels and I go to Japan few times a year. I do not know US and UK collectors market. Here on the board are many collectors with years of experience and looking for only the best deals. That is why It is the most difficult place to sell your item. You have to offer very good quality product in a price almost "under" the market value. Moreover you have hundreds of members looking at each sales post and if there is something very wrong with the item you will see a reaction. You will not get that anywhere else!!!!!!!! 

There are almost no "low quality items" and "ridiculous high prices" sellers here. They will post few times, not sell and move to other places. 

If you look around you can find items in better prices. But in my opinion if you take under consideration price, your time and knowledge of people on the board there is just no better place. 

2. I think that It would benefit everyone if all sales posts could be commented on. With questions or valid information. I agree that comments like "Great Item, Would buy If I had cash" might just be mudding the water. 

3. It would be great if there where more sales post here and more items to choose from!!!!

I

• Like 2

I think it would be a good idea for members to just look at the positives of Nmb. Theres enough negativity and tension at the moment. As far as Im concerned this place is excellent and so are most of its members and I dont think it needs to change apart from the fact that it would be great if Brian could get some financial assistance for all he does here to keep it running.

• Like 5

I think more and more that i'm totally right saying : never buy without having the sword in hand

Unfortunately for most of us, shopping every piece in person isn't typically an option.

• Like 2

I think more and more that i'm totally right saying : never buy without having the sword in hand

I absolutely, rabidly agree with Jacques here.  It has been a maxim of mine forever - after a 10-years or more learning curve!!  But I must say that Ray Singer's excellent photos and descriptions have lead me to buy three swords from him and not been at all disappointed.

BaZZa.

• Like 8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..