NBTHK papers for Shoami tsuba

Hi All,

I've just bought my second papered tsuba in a Catawiki auction. I hope I did not overpay, as the seller's pictures appear to show some condition issues. I'll make a post about this tsuba in the Tosogu section when I receive it, meanwhile I need a little help on a couple of kanji in the Hozon paper:

post-4945-0-43386700-1593291655_thumb.jpg

Thanks to this ever-useful page, I think I managed to transcribe the relevant lines in the certificate, except for the last kanji in the fourth line from the right. If I am not wrong, they should read something like:

十字角文透鐔  無銘  正阿弥

sukashi tsuba with the design of a square cross (?)  –  mumei  –  Shoami

丸形  鉄 槌目地  地透  丸耳

maru gata  –  tetsu tsuchime ji  –  ji sukashi  –  maru mimi

両櫃 ?

Here I am not sure of the second kanji, and I can't recognize the third one. Do the first two mean "both hitsu" ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers, Pietro

I was frustrated having spent the whole day following without success the Brockhaus sale. The netsuke I bid for sold (to someone else, of course) for 8.5, 12.5 and 17 times the estimate, respectively. So I let myself be pushed a bit farther than I had planned to go on this tsuba. I hope the rust issues visible in the pictures will not be too serious in hand...

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..