Found a really different sword online and wanted some information

I found this sword online and thought it was pretty neat. I couldn't find anything about it in dawsons book. Is this sword a genuine wwii sword? Some things that really jump out to me is the Habaki, where the signature is located. I aslo dont see a nakago hole on the usual spot on the tang (I assume it goes through the sarute). I am still very new to this but alot of these features are uncharacteristic of most of these swords. It appears to have navy fittings to me. Am I missing this in the book?   

post-5159-0-44012400-1589302249_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-64339000-1589302259_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-69916500-1589302266_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-69584200-1589302278_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-19589400-1589302287_thumb.jpg

I don’t want to rain on your parade, Mark, but inscriptions like this on a blade are never a good sign. I’m no real expert but this smells of fake. I hope others will prove me wrong though.

• Like 1

If it smells fishy, it is likely a fish...not a sword.
This is Chinese fake crap. Run.

Btw, numbers or kanji on a WW2 habaki, or stamped or acid etched kanji on a ww2 blade, are almost always a sign of a Chinese fake.

• Like 2

I thought this as well. What surprised me so much is the amount of bids on it and its up to over 400.00, I believe. I assumed there must have been something about it for that many bids.

I don’t want to rain on your parade, Mark, but inscriptions like this on a blade are never a good sign. I’m no real expert but this smells of fake. I hope others will prove me wrong though.

If it smells fishy, it is likely a fish...not a sword.
This is Chinese fake crap. Run.

Btw, numbers or kanji on a WW2 habaki, or stamped or acid etched kanji on a ww2 blade, are almost always a sign of a Chinese fake.

They are very fond of those flags. The same design is used on the fake 95 habaki. The good thing is that the patina look like it has been very deliberately applied too. Unlike real patina, which I've never seen replicated well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..