Picture placement in posts - perfectly.

Please!
I see many posts with pics placed so badly, that it is difficult to look at them.
Hence this quick alliteration post.

When you upload a pic, you can just upload or attach the file as per normal. You do NOT then need to click the "Add to post" button.
(Some will have noticed that to the right of the image showing when you are composing a post.)
Once uploaded and you hit post, it will automatically add the pic below your post, with a space between the bottom of the text and the image.
Nice and formatted.

The "Add to post" button is only used when you want to put that uploaded pic in a certain place in your post.
For example, if these were paragraphs...

Let's say you didn't want your pics at the end of the post. You wanted a pic inbetween the 1's and the 2's..
You would upload your pic as per normal. Then you would put your cursor in the middle of those 2 paragraphs, and click "add to post" and voila...it will post your pic there instead of at the end of the post.
Some people write a sentence, then upload the pic and automatically insert the pic. So it places their pic right after the sentence, in the middle of no-where. Messy.
Rather then hit "enter" and then place your pic. Looks much neater. I'll demonstrate below.

See the "Add to Post" button bottom right of the pic I just uploaded?
I put my cursor between the paragraphs (making sure I left a space above and below it, so the pic was spaced a bit from the text) and clicked that button.
You can see it added the text that starts with [attachment....  which is where it is going to post that pic.
Otherwise, without clicking that button, it would have been at the end of the post. Still fine.

aTP1.jpg

See? I just used it there to put the pic where I want it. If I just type this sentence and leave my cursor at the end of this, and click that button, then I get this: aTP2.jpg
Which I do not think is neat at all.
You can place pics anywhere you like in a post. And if you hit post and don't like where they display...just hit edit and move the pic around.

Questions?

A question Brian,

yesterday I tried many time embedding the video with the code John had shown me but it didn’t work, so what icon am I supposed to use to insert a video? I’ve tried many ways, even the YouTube way, but every time I just get a clickable link, not an embedded video.

Only way is to just paste the link. That is it. Paste and post.
But it is really only set up for Youtube, and may work with one or 2 others. Otherwise it will just show as a link,
What I see is people posting the link from their mobile which will show as m.youtube....  (that won't work. Edit and remove the m) or sometimes they leave a space at the end as part of the url. Also won't work.
Just the pure link.
And people also seem to forget they can edit the post. It doesn't work? Edit and try again...and post. Still not working? Edit and check it again. I often fix links with mistakes.

Well, I must have edited my post at least 10 times yesterday, trying different combinations, but no success. I’ve done exactly as you said. Now I use an iPad, so maybe that’s because of it? Pasting won’t work, using the YouTube insert doesn’t, I’ve tried playing with the for, adding codes at the beginning and end. I guess I’ll try again. Maybe I’ll find the right formula at some point. Thanks anyway, Brian.

The only issue I have is orientation. No matter how many times I turn it to the correct orientation before upload, some (but maddeningly not all) pictures upload in a different orientation.

It's fine really, not bothered, but when I get comments, just know that's why!

Archived