New links page

All,

Just spent the last 5 hours adding a new dropdown links menu to the mainpage:

http://www.militaria.co.za or http://nihontomessageboard.com

Please refresh your browser or empty your cache to see the new links.

I have tried to include a large variety of Nihonto links..including some usually missed.

Please check them out, and let me know which ones I missed. I am sure there will be plenty. Apologies if I skipped anyone, I will be adding more over time.

I will be working on the colours and look a bit, but wanted to get it up before 1:00am (might just make it :) )

Please let me know if it is of some use.

Regards,

Brian

Just want to clarify..I am not refering to the links at the top of this page (forum itself)

I am talking about the new links bar on the main entry page linked above in this post. There are about 75 links there..including all the NTBHK branches mentioned and many that I am sure we often forget about. Will add more as I come across them.

I have separated them into the different categories from commercial to informative to restoration etc.

I would like to eventually add them to the top of this forum too..will be working on that over time.

The links at the top of this page are on Rich T's Nihonto Kanji Pages site, and are already an excellent resource.

Regards,

Brian

Thanks John,

Done. Top left of the page. But in an hour I will be changing the "Links" link above to direct to a new links page. I have also added about 30 more links. I plan on making this the definitive Nihonto links page on the net, with over 100 working links.

I am constantly finding new pages that I missed, and ones that I never knew existed.

Brian

EDIT - Changes now done include the links on the main entry page, and also a new links page that can be reached from the top of the forum. There are currently over 100 working links, which should make this one of the most comprehensive Nihonto links collections. The first link also links back to the NMB. External links open in a new page.

Please let me know your comments and advice.

Brian -

You forgot to mention that you have to have Javascript engaged for

the links page to work :-( I hate Javascript and usually run with it

off. It prevents popups, ads, all sorts of nasty things. Of course also

prevents some sites from working properly. Such is life.

Rich S

Thanks for pointing that out Rich. Slipped my mind.

I have now added a link on the front page, and on the links page, to a html text based links list too, so that people who have JS disabled can still view the links.

Keep the comments comming.

Regards,

Brian

Besides I also have a links page :-)

Yes..and a very good one at that.

But since there may be others with javascript disabled, and since without it there is no sign that there ever was a links menu at all, it is better to have a non-js page too.

I think there are still many older collectors (and some younger ones too) to whom the workings of the internet and browser settings is still a minefield of confusion :)

Brian

I don't know about brower settings being a mine field, but buying

swords on the 'net certainly is :-)

Try looking at my geocities site without Javascript - no ads, no popups, etc.

With Javascript on, it is a mess.

Javascript is the work of the evil ones IMHO :-)

Rich S

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..