Stamp of approval

Spartancrest

Has anyone come across any postage stamps depicting tosogu, specifically tsuba? The only two examples I have found are the two issues shown. I realize stamps are not strictly tosogu but my interest includes all things tsuba related. The Nippon stamps must be rare, possibly issued in only one prefecture unlike most postage stamps issued nationally in other countries.

post-3736-0-33288200-1586572671_thumb.jpg

post-3736-0-66227900-1586572710_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Well I have looked and looked for any other tsuba related postage stamps and come away disappointed. That was untill I remembered that here in Australia we can order our own stamp designs - so I thought why not? It then became a problem of what guard to display, I tried several but this is a case of the more detailed the image on such a small surface the less you actually see, so that I finally went for a stark outline guard against a black background - the heart shape indicative of my 'love' of tsuba.

So if you still use snail mail - why not get your own stamps printed!

post-3736-0-28017400-1589441709_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I have managed to track down the 'tachi' stamps from Japan, from what I gather it is possible to order your own stamps to be printed in Japan just as I was able to do in Australia. Further to that, it may also be an option in France. This may come as a shock to the Japanese and French members of NMB but other countries may also have this opportunity but be unaware of it. Next time you visit a post office just ask if such a thing is available, it does not mean you can't produce your own stamps outside the field of tosogu of course.

https://kunkun888.exblog.jp/15135430/

http://www.fabiennejouvin.com/blog/category/Correspondence-.-Stamps

tsuba stamp tachi.jpg

tsuba stamps french.jpg

Totally non tosogu related - my first grandchild-

image.png.1e3942e9ede3cf0481f0843aa956200f.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I had no idea so many countries allow personalized postage stamps - this site lists a great number that were available up to 2016 and more may have been added since that time. So have a look to see if your country is listed. How many people can say their collection was printed on a postage stamp? 

[I look forward to seeing any designs] 

https://www.meterstampsociety.com/WorldPersPost.html

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..