Two tsuba for your interest, maybe comment .

roger dundas

In the spare time available to many of us, here are two qite different tsuba for perusal :

No. 1 A bronze plate with ishimi ground ( I think ).Military accoutrements- I just don't knowe what they are called and the names don't always stick in my memory for some reason.

Measures 73 x 69 x .4

No.2 An iron plate, nicely chiselled to my mind though someone might say cast - I just don't think so.

Dragons might be common but I am O.K with this one.     Copper flower heads over laid - five on omote face, one on ura.

Any comments would be welcome-   I well realize they aren't anything special ( after seeing what else gets posted here ) !

Roger d

post-4273-0-58589700-1585979840_thumb.jpg

post-4273-0-65570100-1585979860_thumb.jpg

post-4273-0-30493700-1585979875_thumb.jpg

post-4273-0-53374700-1585981251_thumb.jpg

Roger,

To start this off I would speculate that the first tsuba (on the left) has a ground that is not ishime??  It reminds me more of a simulated lacquer surface (toad skin?)??

I have no knowledge to comment on the next tsuba.

Best regards,

BaZZa.

• Like 1

Ah thank you BaZZa  for your response particularly regarding what I thought was ishimi ground- toad skin possibly and I'm good with that.

I realize that these aren't particularly exciting or spirit lifting items but assume they have a place in the enormous world of the Tsuba.

A great place to have access to, NMB, in these times particularly.

Stay safe,

Roger d

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..