2 waks, 1 sculpture and 1 tsuba for sale

bigjohnshea

Wakizashi in old polish

Mumei, osuriage, old polish, 19.5” nagasa, hada and hamon details still visible and enjoyable. Sugata suggests maybe early Koto tachi cut down. First mekugi-ana is punched, second is drilled, suggesting that it predates Shinto, though cannot guarantee that. I think it is in good enough condition and shows enough hada to study, possibly pass a shinsa. Qualities of the hada suggest significant skill from the smith though you are unlikely to get a famous attribution in this condition. Healthy enough for another polish if you should desire. Comes with shirasaya w/ old copper habaki. Asking $850 for it. Will pay domestic shipping in USA and paypal fees. International shipping we can split to save you a buck.

post-2184-0-57786900-1585756936_thumb.png

post-2184-0-41129700-1585756960_thumb.png

post-2184-0-82091900-1585756977_thumb.png

Naginata-naoshi out of polish

Mumei, osuriage, out of polish, 15.75” nagasa, hada and hamon details not visible. Sugata suggests naginata-naoshi. Likely reshaped after Shinto or later as mekugi-ana is drilled, though could always be older based on the condition of the nakago, no way to tell. Would require a full polish to get any study out of it, or get it ready for shinsa. Healthy enough for another polish, definitely. Comes bare with habaki that moves along the nakago but sticks at the tail of the nakago, will not come off without some force. Asking $300 for it. Will pay domestic shipping in USA and paypal fees. International shipping we can split to save you a buck.

post-2184-0-62556700-1585757517_thumb.png

post-2184-0-99776900-1585757539_thumb.png

Sculpture of wrestlers

Purchased this off Yahoo Japan with the assistance of Kelly Schmidt. It was advertised as antique though I doubt it. I was told it is supposed to be a depiction of the gods Takemikazuchi and Takeminakata wrestling, which is the origin of Sumo. I have no idea if that makes sense of not given what is in the sculpture, but I liked the sculpture and felt it was worth the bidding price I gave Kelly. My break even on it is $300. Happy to get that or close. Shipping will be extra on this as it will require some serious bubble wrap and boxing to get to you safely. We’ll figure out shipping cost if you are serious about buying.

post-2184-0-27880600-1585757723_thumb.png

Tsuba

Amida pattern, appears to be old, possibly Edo era. Has some kind of a signature but I cannot guarantee that is real. Smaller dimensions, likely meant for wakizashi or larger tanto. Nice tsuba. Not asking much for it. Would be a good addition for a collector. $50. Free shipping domestic to USA.

post-2184-0-08101700-1585758228_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..