Help Identifying a Tanto

Luckyd70

Steve,

what you have there is not a TANTO and it is not even Japanese. The signature - if we want to call it so - says in Japanese reading OGAWA KAZU...., but I don't think it is related to a Japanese maker.

The NMB offers a great information base for you so you could study how a TANTO looks like. Next time you will be better informed and not waste money.

You are confirming what I already suspected...probably middle eastern and made for the tourist trade. My knowledge of Japanese blades is slim...I've been involved in vintage firearms for over thirty years, had several WWII NCO swords over the years, but none of these. Quite a few Japanese medals, equipment and such. Fortunately I did NOT pay much for this "TREASURE". Thanks for your input!!  Steve W.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..