Izumi no Nanika?

Peter Bleed

I spent the weekend at the great Little Rock Gun Show - - and I bought a sword! Trouble is, I need help with it! It is a very ordinarily mounted Shinto wakizashi that probably HAD a nice tsuba - I say "probably" because it came to me with brass non-com sword guard. The blade itself is seriously suriage saying "IZUMI.." clip....

In buying this sword I was sure that the characters in the tang were merely  the "top" of a signature. And obviously Izumi no Kami Kanesada... came to mind. But I was sure that a bit of research afer getting home would narrow the list of potential smiths, but ...

Izumi seems to have shared its titles - in a variety of forms - with a number of smiths.Does anybody recognize this signature?

Peter

post-338-0-26262000-1581896075_thumb.jpg

Thank you Ray and Grey,

Indeed, I had started to search title listings for signatures that open with "Izumi...",but I was hoping that I could "crowed source" the search - by getting NMB members to join in the search. I even thought that there might be somebody within the community who would recognize the partial signature that remains. Looks like I'll have to do it myself, tho. In fact, this has turned out to be a rather interesting little project.

Again, thanks.

Peter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..