Naginata forging project, help needed

Guys my Buddy has asked me for some help with a project on Japanese blades. Our first project would be a naginata blade.

My question is can anyone give me measurements of the naginata?

I would need measirements of thickness of mune , hi etc.

Maybe a few pictures of beveled edges etc

Chuck,

an interesting project, but I think it is a very demanding one!

There is no such thing as 'the' NAGINATA. They exist in various SUGATA depending on their time of manufacture as well as smaller and bigger ones.

I have a rather small one with a NAGASA of 365 mm. NAKAGO measures 195 mm. KASANE near MUNEMACHI is only 5 mm. There are numerous pictures in the WWW, see. https://www.aoijapan.com/naginata-echizen-kuni-ju-kanenori/. or  https://www.aoijapan.com/naginata-fuji-sabanosuke-minamoto-yoshimune/.

I cannot make better photos than these, and my blade is not polished.

Rokujuro , Thank you so very much for your reply. The task will be perfect for my buddy. All of his blades end up going to Japan anyways, and they are of very high quality. We just need dimensions and measurements, May I ask would you be able to send me some pictures possibly? That way I can get a look at the beveling and the edges the Contours etc

Interesting. I will have to bring this up with him, he had shown me some beautiful true san mai katana that he had made. Said they went to Japan. Guy is pretty skilled and a true craftsman. Not sure if he would be comfortable with me mentioning his website on here. Anyhow he had asked me for a few ideas for different styles of hapanese blades.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..