A worthy veteran or just scrap iron ?

roger dundas

Thanks Chris for your comment.

Of interest to me is trying to sort out just what tsuba ( I post ) are o.k and what aren't.

The fact that many of those I have posted have drawn little or sometimes no comment at all tells me that they probably haven't deserved much comment - so there is my answer, tacitly given.

And then I see (particularly recently) a number of tsuba being offered for sale by members -   now I understand.

Roger d.

Roger,

to answer your question: It seems to be a simple but quite nice TSUBA with a familiar design of AOI leaves. I like it (as I like SUKASHI generally), but I think its potential beauty and value can only be seen after a restoration. I am not sure if there might be a layer of lacquer on the surface which can be a good thing for the preservation (but isn't always). 

• Like 1

I appreciate, value and enjoy your comments gentlemen but I think it's (the tsuba) a bit thick for a drink coaster Hamfish because it might cause the drink to tip over and we can't have that especially if it is a good whisky and I do like a nice whisky and it is probably as well nice whisky is expensive or else I'd probably be dead by now.

I have enjoyed a drink or two with BaZZa in the past and , without BaZZa's permission I will tell you BaZZa likes a nice whisky too. His taste is more considered and refined than mine.

Once again Jean, I very much value your comments.

Roger d.

• Like 1

the corrosion has taken metal away, why would you attempt to clean/restore something that would not resemble its original design.

by the time you picked of the flacking suface would prob loose 60% of the leaf markings. also it has none of the dignity or quality of Florian B's tsuba   

its not a ko-tosho etc, its  just a fancy drink coaster, micro frisby or paper weight now Or iai ???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..