Sitewide discounts and a note about the book business

Hi guys,

I just finished reducing prices on all my swords, well over half of tsuba & kodogu, and almost all the books that aren't consigned on my website.  I think there are bargains to be had.  If you find something you're interested in please contact me through the email on the site, not by Personal Message here; I need your email to keep track of business.

And a note about the books.  For years I have worked with a company in Japan that allowed me to purchase large quantities of sword and fittings books and have them shipped, either to me in heavy boxes by surface post or directly to my customers.  This saved me and my customers a great deal on postage.  That company has recently gone out of business and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.  Consequently, I will not be buying nearly as many books in the future as I have in the past.  I will continue buying what I can from western collectors but, at least in the short run, no more 100 pound shipments every 2 months from Tokyo.

If there are books on my site that you're interested in, don't count on them always being available.  I still have a robust inventory but the day will come when I won't; many titles will be a lot more difficult (and expensive) to find.

Thanks,  Grey

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..